MANOWAR

7thSaviour said:
To each their own opinion, right? BTW, what is your favorite Brazilian futebol team, besides the National team?

I know this question wasn't for me, but: SAO PAULO! :worship:

Empress said:
I think that Manowar are big assholes!! But I really love the music (especially early).. I agree, he change too much, the vocals! It's a shit and a shame, they are a joke because they make themself a joke..

First of all, rude as hell and uncaring as fuck for the fans. I think it's nonsense to charge people in the earthshaker 50 more euro's just to go in the manowar meet and greet.. they were very rude with my friend here.. Demaio of course, he was.. he embaressed her for something soooo stupid!! Anyways.. I am a big fan of the band.. of the BAND, as people I think they are really fucked up with fans, they only want the money..

The best album, it's Fighting the World without a doubt.. and then Kings of Metal and The Triump of Steel.. I do like new Manowar, it's good, but those 3 albums are amazing!! Nothing can top Violence and Bloodshed.. the best!!

Well, anyways, I think that they should focus on getting a better sound for the live performance, stop being egomaniacs and showing more appreciation for the fans.. not telling fans that came from islands to south florida to fuck off when ask for a picture. Any way... I think that their old pictures are gay... I took a long time defendin this band's music and image.. but the image, in the 80s it was too gay that even I cannot deny it..

Anyway, still the music speaks for itself, and let it be like that because I think the music, it's great!!:headbang:
OK, but I still love Manowar's music and I saw nothing wrong with the way they treated their audience during the show I was at. I've seen all 4 of their DVDs, and their stage show demeanor that night was just the same as all the others. Very professional and fan-friendly. Can't wait to see the HOE V DVD!:headbang: :kickass:

yes, but, i don't think that in the dvd they will show any negative reaction to a fan.. and of course you should still like the music, it's just my opinion.

Empress said:
yes, but, i don't think that in the dvd they will show any negative reaction to a fan.. and of course you should still like the music, it's just my opinion.
Very good point you made there regarding the editing of the DVD footage, etc. The music speaks for itself.:headbang:

I have not met this band nor do i like their music but i have heard horror stories about these guys. I had an acquaintance that toured with them and these guys were not allowed to go near the Manowar guys nor allowed in certain areas of backstage... it was bizarre.

Empress said:

rottingflesh said:
I have not met this band nor do i like their music but i have heard horror stories about these guys. I had an acquaintance that toured with them and these guys were not allowed to go near the Manowar guys nor allowed in certain areas of backstage... it was bizarre.
What band was he in?

wow - i know taht some people have had negative experiences w/ Manowar 9and probably every band) - and sometimes on the bus or backstage it does seem like some of them are pretty much about the women - but my experiences have always been so different. They are always cordial, friendly etc. Hell, at the Manowar weekend we had in Chicago back in 99 or something I told them taht we have this state in the US called Colorado, and maybe they'd like to stop by soemtime, the next tour they scheduled 3 shows there. They were even laughing that we (the fans who took over some fancy hotel) were staying in a much nicer place than they were and that we'd better let them come over and hang out at the pool. I guess you never know what kind of day someone is having - my biggest complaint about them in my experiences has been that they are always trying to sign my Hail to England shirt - which is barely holding together :) I'm afraid the sharpie would dissolve it. Joey always comments on the shirt and remembers me each time I show up in it - I just wonder if the time I spent married and eating well is going to have an adverse affect of future wearings of the shirt lol

manowarfan1 said:
wow - i know taht some people have had negative experiences w/ Manowar 9and probably every band) - and sometimes on the bus or backstage it does seem like some of them are pretty much about the women - but my experiences have always been so different. They are always cordial, friendly etc. Hell, at the Manowar weekend we had in Chicago back in 99 or something I told them taht we have this state in the US called Colorado, and maybe they'd like to stop by soemtime, the next tour they scheduled 3 shows there. They were even laughing that we (the fans who took over some fancy hotel) were staying in a much nicer place than they were and that we'd better let them come over and hang out at the pool. I guess you never know what kind of day someone is having - my biggest complaint about them in my experiences has been that they are always trying to sign my Hail to England shirt - which is barely holding together :) I'm afraid the sharpie would dissolve it. Joey always comments on the shirt and remembers me each time I show up in it - I just wonder if the time I spent married and eating well is going to have an adverse affect of future wearings of the shirt lol
Hey dude, I just have to ask you, are you in Jag Panzer? BTW, Manowar kills!:headbang: :worship: :kickass:

7thSaviour said:
Hey dude, I just have to ask you, are you in Jag Panzer? BTW, Manowar kills!:headbang: :worship: :kickass:

Nope - I am a talentless hack who is much better as a fan LOL I did however just see Chris playing w/ Nevermore and I think I saw Harry the other day at the grocery store :)

jeff

manowarfan1 said:
Nope - I am a talentless hack who is much better as a fan LOL I did however just see Chris playing w/ Nevermore and I think I saw Harry the other day at the grocery store :)

jeff

Grocery store!? That's not METAL! He should be out in the forest, hunting his own game for dinner, and roasting it on an open fire!!! :kickass: :lol:

Sumeet said:
Grocery store!? That's not METAL! He should be out in the forest, hunting his own game for dinner, and roasting it on an open fire!!! :kickass: :lol:

DOes it make it more METAL if Harry was the butcher? Carving up dead animal flesh and suffocating it in shrinkwrap? :) At least he isn't the produce guy :)

jeff