Manticora Interview Now Posted!

It's a great interview. At one part Lars talks about their PP VI appearance and what they did while they were in Atlanta, USA. Lots of other in depth stuff too. Very honest interview, very friendly. Good job JonnyD!

NP: Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

THANK GOD FOR THE INTARWEB!

Really cool chat. Doesn't seem like a chat, more like hanging out and yakking. Very cool. MARTIN! BADASS! That guy thinks so differently when thinking up guitar solos. His solos and lead work sound so much more like the FIT to a song, as opposed to being written over the song. Such different thinking, and different sounds.

That reminds me... I need to get the reissues now that they're in stock...

1114249569618.gif

One of my biggest complaints about solos, is that they are often plug and play. Meaning, you can take it out of one song, and put it into another, and it fits the same. Solos should not be seperate from a song. They should enrich the song, follow its temper, its meaning. Many guitarists use a solo to show off. Which... is honestly one of the reasons that a lot of people got sick of hearing it.

I'm glad to see how Manticora approaches their solos.

Cheiron said:
One of my biggest complaints about solos, is that they are often plug and play. Meaning, you can take it out of one song, and put it into another, and it fits the same. Solos should not be seperate from a song. They should enrich the song, follow its temper, its meaning. Many guitarists use a solo to show off. Which... is honestly one of the reasons that a lot of people got sick of hearing it.

I'm glad to see how Manticora approaches their solos.

Absolutely!! I couldnt agree more! :D

At one part Lars talks about their PP VI appearance and what they did while they were in Atlanta, USA.

you mean, he actually remembers it??? after all that beer? :)