Manticora quick reply to cancellation...

Well if you wanna make a stop in Kansas to play or a place to stay in between tour stops; I dont have a house, but I have a couple of couches and floor space that is free.

Haha... love the turn this thread has taken. It would be simple lodging, but I offer up crash space for the guys. Got couches, a bed or two, futon, and whatever else I could throw together.

Yeah :kickass:

I live in Pawtucket, Rhode Island...I'd be more than willing to house the band :)
Then they could cruise down to Jersey, stay at my house and play the Starland Ballroom. A fan-sponsored tour; that would be something. :headbang:

Seriously, I loved these guys at ProgPower a few years ago, and got totally into them. Would love any opportunity to see them again.

Edit: Major typo.

Then they could cruise down to Jersey, stay at my house and play the Starland Ballroom. A fan-sponsored tour; that would be something. :headbang:

Seriously, I loved these guys at Powerfest a few years ago, and got totally into them. Would love any opportunity to see them again.

If Marillion can do it, why not Manticora?

Granted, Marillion had more planning, and more fans involved earlier on. But, still. They toured the U.S. thanks to fans organizing and paying for their expenses.

You know, this may not even be a remote possibility. But at least Lars, Claus and Manticora know that we care about them, and that we're ready to put our money where our mouths are. It's hard to take warm fuzzies to the bank. But such non-tangibles have to be worth something, right? :)

Bill

I think we'd have Atlanta covered. I have a spare room, queen size air mattress and a couch.

And what a lovely couch it is. :D

Seriously, I would go the route of Marillion and set up a fund to help cover expenses (in addition to accepting the non-monetary offers of assistance as well). Like whoever already said, they did have more planning, and a very devoted fan base, but it worked. I have no clue about the expenses that go into touring, but hey, if it could work... :)

Shaye

Hey all,

thanks for the offers of helping out to arrange a fan-based tour. It really is cool that you guys actually think this way, but we're sorry that it's simply not possible to do. From a financial point of view, it would mean economical disaster for us, which would ruin any chances of touring for the next 2 years. Visa application alone costs nearly 1500 dollars for a band, so you can imagine what it would be like with car rental etc.

Be sure that we will do our utmost to come over and tour the US and Canada as soon as possible.

Take care and once again, thanks for your support!!!!!

Manticora

Wow, people are taking this a bit too personal me thinks..The Music Business is just that, a business. Yes, some people play for the love of music, but you people have to understand that these musicians need to eat too, just like you and me. Playing with a bigger band in Metal-Loving Europe vs doing a certified-low-as-shit-attendance tour in the United States of Emo doesnt make sense to any of u?

I sincerely doubt any of you would have done this differently if it were your band/job. Or do any of you work "for the love of it" not thinking about financial gain? Right..

I think some people here need to get out and make real life friends, hang out, party, or just do something else instead of posting here 24/7 whining about what some band did or didn't do that went against your high-falutin' morals.

Now, I do feel bad for Glenn, Manticora, and everyone else involved, but honestly, can you blame CM for this? Opportunities are there to be taken, and thats what they did. Get over it.

PS-sorry for the harshness, its late, and I'm tired.

well said, even if harsh

Hey all,

thanks for the offers of helping out to arrange a fan-based tour. It really is cool that you guys actually think this way, but we're sorry that it's simply not possible to do. From a financial point of view, it would mean economical disaster for us, which would ruin any chances of touring for the next 2 years. Visa application alone costs nearly 1500 dollars for a band, so you can imagine what it would be like with car rental etc.

Be sure that we will do our utmost to come over and tour the US and Canada as soon as possible.

Manticora

Of course, this is the answer most of us expected, but I put my name in the hat just incase. We're here for you guys, and you know it. I know I for one understand that it's not possible to do. Hope everything turns out alright, and I definitely hope we see you guys on these shores soon enough.

Hey all,

Manticora

Well if you can't get your plane tickets refunded might as well use them right? And you are coming over for a fan tour you aren't really working. You are on vacation in the US and just will be playing some music. No need for the Visa. Just make sure the customs people don't know about any money you got up front to help get you over here ;p