Manticora quick reply to cancellation...

Wow, people are taking this a bit too personal me thinks..The Music Business is just that, a business. Yes, some people play for the love of music, but you people have to understand that these musicians need to eat too, just like you and me. Playing with a bigger band in Metal-Loving Europe vs doing a certified-low-as-shit-attendance tour in the United States of Emo doesnt make sense to any of u?

I sincerely doubt any of you would have done this differently if it were your band/job. Or do any of you work "for the love of it" not thinking about financial gain? Right..

I think some people here need to get out and make real life friends, hang out, party, or just do something else instead of posting here 24/7 whining about what some band did or didn't do that went against your high-falutin' morals.

Now, I do feel bad for Glenn, Manticora, and everyone else involved, but honestly, can you blame CM for this? Opportunities are there to be taken, and thats what they did. Get over it.

PS-sorry for the harshness, its late, and I'm tired.

I dunno TBJ, I'm kind of a man of my word. When I say I'm going to do something I do it. I'm a draftsman by trade .. when I tell someone something will be done at a certain time I stick to it. I think it's important to follow thru on your word, and promises you make.

CM had already committed to doing the tour .. they knew the risks involved. To back out, and leave the other parties high and dry is a low class move no matter how you want to spin it.

Britt

United States of Emo

oh if only it weren't true...God I hate emo music. :erk:

Good thing we at least have the option of finding awesome bands like Manticora to listen to. :headbang:

Though it would make things a hell of a lot more convenient if the bands from overseas and the bands in the states that are in the same vein as the great Progressive/Power European bands got the same amount of credit here as they do/would in Europe.

Wow, people are taking this a bit too personal me thinks..The Music Business is just that, a business. Yes, some people play for the love of music, but you people have to understand that these musicians need to eat too, just like you and me. Playing with a bigger band in Metal-Loving Europe vs doing a certified-low-as-shit-attendance tour in the United States of Emo doesnt make sense to any of u?

I sincerely doubt any of you would have done this differently if it were your band/job. Or do any of you work "for the love of it" not thinking about financial gain? Right..

I don't know man.... yeah it's all about the bands, but not at the expense of other people's hard work, money, and time. The bands aren't the only ones who gotta eat. Personally, I think canceling a show because something better came along is pretty unprofessional, selfish, and disrespectful.. but that's just me.

Lars & Manticora, I'm sorry that you guys got caught up in this too! It's unfortunate that your plans are canceled because of another band's changes. :( Here's hopin' the next one is a giant success for you guys!! :kickass:

I've seen some of the responses so far.

All I can say is..... that's the music biz for ya.

Look, gang... opportunities come. GREAT opportunities come. But sometimes you gotta balance the good with the bad. I don't like burning my friends because I change plans either. I've done it, it pisses people off, I try to avoid it. But sometimes, things gotta happen.

I most certainly knew the moment I heard, "crap, that's an EXPENSIVE mistake, but not for them..." Circ Max wants to make a living off their craft. That means, taking any chances they can for either A. big exposure, or B. big paydays.

Circ Max is an excellent band, and I hope their reputation doesn't take too heavy of a hit from this. This ain't exactly Van Halen kicking David Lee Roth out, but it's still drama. But I know that this was a mistake that they will soon recognize and probably regret.

Manticora is a devastating band, with a following that's as dedicated as die-hard King's X fans or Manowar fans... ruthless and cold and will die on a sword for this band! And while I'm mad my boys ain't coming to the Motor City this time, THERE WILL BE A TIME. I just gotta be a bit more patient, that's all!

Lars, bro, if you even just wanna come to a hockey game, come on over. I'll get all you Danish bitches some Cabo and some seats at Joe Louis Arena. But if you MUST make me wait a little longer, that's just fine by me. Gives us a little more time to polish our Manticora covers before you get here! Oh, did I say that out loud? SHHH, don't tell anyone. ;)

well if you can't get flight refunds, why not come on over on that vacation and hang out with friends, scale down the shows a bit play 1-3 really cool ones, and chill, let's make a little lemonade out of that pile of lemons!

This is a very good idea, actually, if you can't get flight refunds why not make a vacation out of it? You won't be doing anything else with the tickets. Play a few shows while you're here. Preferably atleast one in New England but I wouldn't get my hopes up. But, a Manticora headlining set would be awesome!

This is, of course, if you can't get refunds on your flights.

well if you can't get flight refunds, why not come on over on that vacation and hang out with friends, scale down the shows a bit play 1-3 really cool ones, and chill, let's make a little lemonade out of that pile of lemons!

Yeah! That's a great idea. Leave it to Lance to find the middle ground.

The drawbacks I see are housing and food. This would end up costing Manticora a bit of money to just hang out over here. It's one thing to fly somewhere else. But once they get here, then what? Where do they stay? From the moment they stepped off the plane they'd incur costs for a taxi or bus, food, housing, etc.

If fans could pull together to help Manticora once they get here, that would go a long way toward making their trip a "vacation" with a few scaled-back gigs.

The drawbacks I see are housing and food. This would end up costing Manticora a bit of money to just hang out over here. It's one thing to fly somewhere else. But once they get here, then what? Where do they stay? From the moment they stepped off the plane they'd incur costs for a taxi or bus, food, housing, etc.

Bands stay at fans' houses all the time. I bet all they have to do is say, "We're still coming, but we need help," they'd get all the food, lodging, and maybe even transportation that they need. Get some backyard gigs going! Contact your local punks and find out what (literal) holes-in-the-walls their bands play.

Bands stay at fans' houses all the time. I bet all they have to do is say, "We're still coming, but we need help," they'd get all the food, lodging, and maybe even transportation that they need.

Absolutely!

Get some backyard gigs going! Contact your local punks and find out what (literal) holes-in-the-walls their bands play.

We call ours "The Masquerade." :lol:

I'm up for helping out. I have one couch (but no where near the local venue ;) )

And if you do still come, I'll still pay to hear ya.

Same here. I've got two spare bedrooms, but alas, I'm not all that close to Atlanta either. And I'd still pay to see Manticora, too.

Bands stay at fans' houses all the time. I bet all they have to do is say, "We're still coming, but we need help," they'd get all the food, lodging, and maybe even transportation that they need. Get some backyard gigs going! Contact your local punks and find out what (literal) holes-in-the-walls their bands play.

Wouldn't it be cool if Lars still brought the band over and all of Manticora's fans helped them make the best of the situation?

We live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. So there's not much chance of the band staying around here. But I'd be happy to do what I could to help out. We'd be willing to drive within 200 miles of here to see them.

I think it's possible to turn this into a positive thing.

Of course, as someone pointed out, all of this depends on if refunds aren't possible. If Manticora can't get a refund for plane tickets, then why not do as Lance suggested and come over anyway?

Given the circumstances, I'm sure fans would go out of their way to support the band on tour.

Yeah, I know. I'm a dreamer. I'm an optimist. But I think it would be great to help Manticora out of a jam.

Let's see what the deal is with the plane tickets. If refunds aren't possible, they may have two options: (1) ask for a postponement or credit with the airline. We've done that before. For a $50 fee we can reschedule a plane ticket for another date; (2) come over anyway and play a couple of gigs with full fan support.

It'd make a pretty cool headline on Blabbermouth, wouldn't it?
"Fans Organize to Salvage Manticora's US Tour." :kickass:

Yeah :kickass:

I live in Pawtucket, Rhode Island...I'd be more than willing to house the band We've got an extra bed, couch, and futon. If dad's away with work that week [he's gone every other], then there's a second couch, and I could sleep on the floor leaving one extra bed. Five places to sleep :)

Sure, there's not many places around that I'm close enough to that it would be convenient for - except perhaps The Living Room in Providence, which I already told Hoyt about. In the past few months, they've booked everyone from locals to God Forbid, 3 Inches of Blood, and I'm pretty sure Unearth. It's an eight or ten minute drive from my house, twelve or fifteen if you get lost (Which only happens if you're following Mapquest directions since they give you a street that hasn't been there for years...)

I think this could actually turn into something salvage-able if we all band together for the band. Sure, maybe the turnouts for the shows wouldn't be stellar, but it'd be something special, and one way to go if you guys can't get refunds on your plane tickets.

GREAT IDEA!! I'm totally willing to help the boys too, any way I can! I assume they won't be going much further than the original destination of the flight, which presumably was Atlanta (??).. but if good fortune sees their way to Texas, I can give them a place to stay comfortably in Dallas, and I'm sure John can salvage the Houston show which is only four hours south of here. I bet we could get Mindcrime, Six Minute Century, Scale the Summit, Silenced Within, Meyvn, and Outworld - surely 2 or 3 of them could join the party :)

Lars, what's the status on the refunds? The troops are organizing - we want you here anyway! :lol:

GREAT IDEA!! I'm totally willing to help the boys too, any way I can! I assume they won't be going much further than the original destination of the flight, which presumably was Atlanta (??).. but if good fortune sees their way to Texas, I can give them a place to stay comfortably in Dallas, and I'm sure John can salvage the Houston show which is only four hours south of here. I bet we could get Mindcrime, Six Minute Century, Scale the Summit, Silenced Within, Meyvn, and Outworld - surely 2 or 3 of them could join the party :)

Lars, what's the status on the refunds? The troops are organizing - we want you here anyway! :lol:

That's the spirit, Tammy! :)

It's a long drive from Atlanta to Detroit, where one of the stops were on the original tour (at I-Rock Nightclub). But I don't know if the band would be willing to travel that far on their own.

Grand Rapids has a few good venues if Detroit is too far.

But Chicago has even more than GR and Detroit combined.

You're right, Miss Z. The troops are organized.

Never let it be said that metal fans don't watch each others' backs!

Bring on the mighty Manticora!