Manticora sales...

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
MANTICORA - "The Black Circus (Part One)": less than 50

In the first week.

Hell, I couldn't find one at ProgPower. But I'm going to pick it up as soon as I can. I got the "8 Deadly Sins" album instead at the Nightmare booth. Awesome album.. god Manticora does some of my favorite guitar work. Anyhow, support!

Actually, CD Inzane had at least 10-15 of them when I walked in Friday afternoon, and I bet the Nightmare booth had a bunch, too.

The album kicks ass! :headbang: It seems Manticora keep getting darker and more intense with each album, and, from the first full track of The Black Circus, it's pretty obvious. Can't wait for Part II to come out!

I got the album but I think all the vendors sold out at the show. I find it to be much more melodic than previous efforts yet still heavy. A great cd.

I have to wonder how many of the sales at ProgPower are reported to SoundScan.... Not that I'm expecting anyone to chart in Billboard, but every unit moved is important to these bands.

Claus / Intromental said:
Soundscan only lists what the major recordstores report back to them. All online vendors and smaller stores doesn't get included in Soundscan.

True, but record sales at venues and performances can be reported...and should be.

I don't know if that only includes bands who are actually performing...I think it might, because that was one of the questions I was asked by the Soundscan rep last week.

.....Oh, yes, two calls from them now and counting. I don't know why it's hard for them to grasp that 900 copies of an EP were sold, at a 4-day, 35,000 person event, and where the performance venue holds 2,000+ and was packed from front to back....

BTW, Claus, 'twas good seeing you and the Pyramazers at the airport on Monday. Glad you had a safe journey home. :kickass:

Pellaz said:
BTW, Claus, 'twas good seeing you and the Pyramazers at the airport on Monday. Glad you had a safe journey home. :kickass:

Yup - u2 :) How weird to run into you and Aki there ... I thought we were "safe in our own going-home-misery" there, but of course there had to be other PP'ers there :)))

The trip home was fine, but loooooooong (7 hours delay!!!).

c.

Ditto Matt Crooks,didn't know it was out already.
And Claus,great hanging with ya again.(BTW,how did I get back from the club to the front of Center Stage?those 15 minutes are forever lost)

Nightmare records didn't have any (according to them), because Manticora is no longer on their label.