Many Happy Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
vikingthanks.jpg

May you all have a most bountiful, wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving!

David & I leave in the a.m. for Northern California to visit friends and family. first stop Santa Rosa then East to Sacramento. Not a long trip but a nice get-a-way!

I am most thankful for my health, my sweet, loving husband David, my family, my friends and but of course my Metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal! :headbang:

May you all have safe travels, open highways, loud metal, grand feasts and drink and most of all loving family and friends to share it with! :wave:
Hugz to you all! Kittybeast

Cheers to you, and blessings and all that.

We (me and my wife) will be taking our dinner in North Beach (San Francisco). Italian food! It's a strange tradition we started a couple of years back. We are vegetarians, and don't give much of a hoot for American traditions anyway (not in a mean-spirited way though), so it's just good fun for us. Plus, the only family we have here (my wife's sister in Berkeley) is out of town for the holiday, which is usually the case. AND, it's dead in the city on the holiday, which is both eerie and fun.

Four days off!!!!! Sweet. We'll be topping the Italian food off with homemade bread pudding, a favorite in this house.

I miss pumpkin pie :(

NP: Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World

Cant get any canned pumpkin imported over there Vern? I'll be with
family this thursday and getting things ready for new adventure which when
i pass a certain task I will tell you about it in the near future.

KMADD said:
Cant get any canned pumpkin imported over there Vern?

Canned? Blasphemy! :p Actually I don't know where the one I ate when living there came form I just know it ended real quick inside my belly :lol:

Never cared much for turkey, still believe is an oversized chicken, but the cranberry sauce and the stuffing, oh my oh my...yummy!!!!!!!

I'll have to check if there's pumpkin pie here among the imported goodies, thanks for the hint K:headbang:

Yes I like Spiral glazed ham better than turkey but you ought try some
Fried Cajun Turkey sometime when you get back here mighty tasty! Hey
if you have the money you might go online and get a pumpkin pie shipped to you and there is this beer made by Blue Moon called Pumpkin Ale it's made by
pumpkin seeds and man when you drink it's like drinking a pumpkin pie beer
very good indeed!

Thanksgiving is pretty easy for all of us (including non-Americans) but despite the religious aspects of it, let's remember that we (here at UMOS) are giving thanks more or less for being wealthy and healthy enough to be here at this forum to enjoy wishing each other a happy thanksgiving. Many people aren't so lucky. I love you guys !!

Bryant

Happy Thanksgiving! It doesn't have to be a North American thing either. The idea of taking time out to look at what you're thankful for is a good way to keep yourself centered. One of the things I'm most thankful for this year is Bryant talking me into coming on over to UMOS!

KMADD, the deep fried bird has become a tradition at my home. We'll have about 14 people over tomorrow for some nice, fried bird. :headbang:

I too am thankful. For my family and all the blessings of this life that come from God! Knowledge, understanding, education, income opportunities, and friends just to name a few... speaking of friends...

This year TSO introduced me to UMOS and re-introduced me to metal. All this brought me to new friends (here on UMOS) and new music which I had all but given up on! Its hard for me to believe that there were bands like HammerFall around for years and somehow I had missed them! And newer bands such as Icarus Witch and Sabaton to make my ears bleed once again!

:headbang:

I think Bryant said it best, Cheers to UMOS! I hope you all have a wonderful day, if you celebrate it or not:)
I actually started 'celebrating' last night, with a thanksgiving blunt:Smokin:

Here's to UMOS!!:kickass:

beautiful words there Bryant, we indeed need to concider ourselves lucky to be able to hang around a PC here ! We don't have Thanksgiving here, we have turkey at Christmas or newyear mostly. Damn, I like some good dry turkey :)

I like the turkey and reunion w/ family, but honestly, Thanksgiving is a holiday I cannot take pride in nor look forward to. The basis of this day is utterly offensive and dispicable. Why do we (Americans) need 2 holidays (the other being Columbus Day) celebrating the slaughter and destruction of American Indian culture? Don't get me wrong, I hope everyone enjoys the holiday, but please remember the millions of people displaced and murdered by our European ancestors...:hotjump:

aaaaaaaaand on a lighter note.... just got back from our trip up north..lots of driving (15 hrs total) but good to see friends, get away and see beautiful California!

Cooking a pot roast for dinner tonight, and for dessert Pumpkin Pie... Wyvern wish I could send a slice to you!:wave:

I took some pictures of the trip... On our way to the old stomping grounds in Santa Rosa, CA
101north.jpg

Hotel La Rosa, the quaint downtown historic hotel we stayed at
hotellarose.jpg

Charles Schultz (Peanuts) retired in Santa Rosa after his passing the city put up several bronze statues all around town honouring his cultural gifts of the Peanuts to us all
sacramentotrip088.jpg

sacramentotrip086.jpg

sacramentotrip087.jpg

Driving through Napa County wine country
winecountry.jpg

train town in the city of Sonoma
sacramentotrip095.jpg

Sacramento the State Capitol
sacramentotrip101.jpg

Lake Pyramid
sacramentotrip135.jpg

Passing the Swedish Village outside of Bakersfield
sacramentotrip104.jpg

Sunset as we go home over Tejon Pass elevation 4218 ft
sacramentotrip141.jpg

Had to take a picture of this, the closest thing we have to a metal community..hahahah

sacramentotrip117.jpg

Ganymede said:
I like the turkey and reunion w/ family, but honestly, Thanksgiving is a holiday I cannot take pride in nor look forward to. The basis of this day is utterly offensive and dispicable. Why do we (Americans) need 2 holidays (the other being Columbus Day) celebrating the slaughter and destruction of American Indian culture? Don't get me wrong, I hope everyone enjoys the holiday, but please remember the millions of people displaced and murdered by our European ancestors...:hotjump:
I think you have the meaning of thanksgiving a little misconscrued (sp?)
It's really a holiday to celebrate the Indian's helping the pilgrims survive their first winter, by showing them how to farm on the new land, hunt the native game, store the food. The first thanksgiving was a feast with both pilgrims and Indians sitting at the same tables, sharing the same food, celebrating their prosperity. Thanksgiving happened wayyyy before the US clashed with the Indians.

#1_Droogie said:
I think you have the meaning of thanksgiving a little misconscrued (sp?)
It's really a holiday to celebrate the Indian's helping the pilgrims survive their first winter, by showing them how to farm on the new land, hunt the native game, store the food. The first thanksgiving was a feast with both pilgrims and Indians sitting at the same tables, sharing the same food, celebrating their prosperity. Thanksgiving happened wayyyy before the US clashed with the Indians.

Actually, Europeans were killing Indians a good century or so before the "Thanksgiving feast".

rokk said:
This year TSO introduced me to UMOS and re-introduced me to metal. All this brought me to new friends (here on UMOS) and new music which I had all but given up on! Its hard for me to believe that there were bands like HammerFall around for years and somehow I had missed them! And newer bands such as Icarus Witch and Sabaton to make my ears bleed once again!

:headbang:
That's touching, my friend. I am ever so happy to have started the snowball rolling down the hill for you. Lorenzo started that ball for me back in 2001 (introducing me to Napster and Morpheus), and my appreciation knows no boundaries. I am merely passing my knowledge on....

...and I find pleasure that you've not only embraced the thrill of re-discovering music, but have thrown yourself into the genre writing reviews and discussing them on a cool forum such as UMOS....

I'm not celebrating the tradional "Thanksgiving" holiday, because I don't really give a shit about their spin on things. I'm celebrating good friends, good music, and good times.

*gobble* *gobble*