March 19, 2013 "Anthems" EP Release Date

Got it yesterday and gave it a couple spins. I like it. The only thing I don't get is why they put Crawl on there.

It's for the super casual fan who would otherwise not be aware of the current state of Anthrax. Say their favorite rush, journey Boston etc tune is covered and they dig it, they would stumble upon Crawl as their beginner's guide to the current state of Anthrax.

It's for the super casual fan who would otherwise not be aware of the current state of Anthrax. Say their favorite rush, journey Boston etc tune is covered and they dig it, they would stumble upon Crawl as their beginner's guide to the current state of Anthrax.

I agree with this point, but I don't think Crawl was the strongest option to put on it. I'd have rather seen I'm Alive, but I guess they did Crawl since they could put the remix too.

I'd have rather seen I'm Alive, but I guess they did Crawl since they could put the remix too.

They could have put I'm Alive and the Crawl remix without having Crawl on it. Probably would have been smarter and more interesting to listen to. Hearing the same song twice in a row on an EP is a downer. That said--this is a pretty decent little EP and I am totally fine with Anthrax doing cover songs. It is one of their endearing qualities. I hope to hear one of the new ones or maybe even two of them instead of the traditional covers at Metal Alliance. Still think there isn't going to be much time left for songs after ATL.

They could have put I'm Alive and the Crawl remix without having Crawl on it. Probably would have been smarter and more interesting to listen to. Hearing the same song twice in a row on an EP is a downer. That said--this is a pretty decent little EP and I am totally fine with Anthrax doing cover songs. It is one of their endearing qualities. I hope to hear one of the new ones or maybe even two of them instead of the traditional covers at Metal Alliance. Still think there isn't going to be much time left for songs after ATL.

Charlie said in a recent interview that they're thinking about 2 of them. We know that T.N.T. is an option, and Joey has told me he 's not up for doing Boston or Journey live because of all the harmonies. That leaves Jailbreak, Big Eyes, and Anthem. Jailbreak seems most likely to me personally.

I got mine at FYE for $5.99. :Smokin:

listen to 'Anthems' really loud on a good stereo, it rocks. the production on this one is amazing, i like it more and more with every spin. if the next Thrax-album brings groovy hardrock like their ep then i'm satisfied, the Thrash-days of Thrax are over anyway.

So I looked in the liner notes.

Phil Campbell from Motorhead played a solo on Jailbreak.

I did, and Scott gave me 2 tickets to the Detroit show for tweeting him a picture of all of them :)

I saw that tweet from Scott and your photo a few days ago (didn't know it was you though). Nice job!!!

The EP is really great. Rush Anthem blows everything away. It's a fusion punch and greatly produced.

I'm surprised they didn't do any Led Zeppelin. 4 Sticks, Lemon Song, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Immigrant Song, The Rover, Houses Of The Holy, Achilles Last Stand, Hot Dog, We're Gonna Groove

Charlie tweeted that there's a limited edition Crawl cover - only 1,500 made. No other info. Anyone know anything more?!?