March 20 NYC

AMBR said:
Just back from the gig at B.B. Kings. Gotta give the guys credit; despite the tour-flu (many members suffering from a variety of maladies) they put on a super-charged performance! First time we heard Stu, and we were totally impressed with his presence on stage and vocal style. The dude nailed all the IE vocal elements while adding some intense vocal "screams" that added some high notes of metal intensity without detracting from the signature sound of the band. Much impressed!

I too was at the show, and I was also very impressed by IE, this was the first time I saw them. I read Rob's post about how sick they were at that show, but it never showed in their performance! Much respect for the guys. :headbang:

AMBR said:
Special thanks to Rob for taking the time to talk with us. We'll publish the interview, a review and all photos on the webzine shortly, but for a teaser, here ya go!
http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=05into1etern27ux.jpg
http://img36.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img36&image=05into2etern22wf.jpg
http://img36.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img36&image=05into4etern34xi.jpg

Wow, nice pix! Can't wait to see the rest, and the interview (I just checked your site and I don't see it). BTW I've known your site for a while, thanx to Nightwish fans who are spreading the word :)

I took some pix as well, they came out not even nearly as good, but heck, I'm posting them anyway, here they are. I didn't have a great spot and a mic stand was obstructing the view, but hey, I tried.

Wow, nice pix! Can't wait to see the rest, and the interview (I just checked your site and I don't see it). BTW I've known your site for a while, thanx to Nightwish fans who are spreading the word
smile.gif
Glad you liked the preview. I regret we didn't get the interview and photos posted sooner but I got sick, then had to catch up on work, then went to Chicago Powerfest. Excuses...Excuses. But the interview and photos are done and should be up this weekend. Damn those day jobs! :yuk:
Anyway, glad you like the site. Hope you've had a chance to listen to the radio. We bought a ton of new cd's while in Chicago that will be hitting the "air" soon. And for your patience, here's another preview shot.

zmetallica said:
AMBR dude who the fuck are you. seriously this is really scary, but those photos of the nightwish show. i was standing RIGHT next to the girls in this pic (who are now my friends as a result of that show): http://www.beyondearcandy.com/images/nyc04bar4fans1.jpg
further more you were probably standing right next to me since that is the back of my blind guardian T-shirt i was wearing that day.
Hey, that's pretty cool. I know those girls too, from the forums. There's a picture of them out front in line as well. This is me and my partner before the show. I'm the chick, btw. ;)
Continuing off topic: You going to the Sonata Arctica/Overkill show at B.B. Kings Thursday? We'll be there. :headbang:

AMBR said:
Glad you liked the preview. I regret we didn't get the interview and photos posted sooner but I got sick, then had to catch up on work, then went to Chicago Powerfest. Excuses...Excuses. But the interview and photos are done and should be up this weekend. Damn those day jobs! :yuk:

Sorry to hear about you getting sick... Yeah, right-on about those day jobs! :D

BTW I recognize you from your pix in the gallery, I remember you asked to trade a spot with a guy to take the IE pix during their set, I was standing next to him. Next time I'll say hi or something :)

Oh yeah the Nightwish pix... was that one insane gig or what? You have very nice pix of them, I presume you took them before the stupid barricade collapsed? I have pix from that show as well in my gallery, I guess they are OK given the conditions...

Yea, I had a photo pass for the I.E. show, but seeing as there was no barricade it was rather pointless. It was nice of that guy to let me duck in for a bit.

I sent my partner, Dave, in front of the barricade at the Nightwish show. Didn't like the look of it and glad I did! I would not have been happy when that crashed forward! He was lucky, the REALLY BIG bouncer was able to brace against the stage briefly while Dave made his escape. Thanks for sharing your photos. You've got some interesting shots too.

Hey, next time you see us, say "hi!" We love meeting all metal fans.:headbang:

AMBR said:
Hey, that's pretty cool. I know those girls too, from the forums. There's a picture of them out front in line as well. This is me and my partner before the show. I'm the chick, btw. ;)
Continuing off topic: You going to the Sonata Arctica/Overkill show at B.B. Kings Thursday? We'll be there. :headbang:
haha yeah i think they may have introduced me to you or something *shrugs*
i remember your partner more than you i think.
i'm not going on thursday cause i am not really into overkill much and sonata arctica i have no interest in seeing as a headliner.

That nightwish show was sick and awesome. i almost died... i think lol.

very interesting experience. the bouncers were like "get out of here!"
i got a few good pics. That was a crazy night...

Metal Underground contains the pictures i took and the interview i did of nightwish.