March Hare - video mix tutorial

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
I got around to uploading a video mix tutorial of a track. Not a true tutorial since I don't speak at all through the video, but I kind of demonstrate the workflow and plugins for the major components of the mix. Guitars are Ibanez S with EMG81 through Lasse's brilliant new Kemper rig pack (Bogner Bombed! profile), and the bass is my trusty PODX3 internal Pawn Shop Punk preset, not the PodFarm2 version because those 2 presets are vastly different. Drums are Superior 2.0 augmented with the Slate Terry Date pack for close mics. I hope it informative or entertaining or perhaps even both if I may be so bold.

http://youtu.be/aDV_xgWY-AM

Damn, I meant to post this in FOH, not the practice room. I would be grateful if it could be moved.

The first plugin on the master chain is Nebula with the AlexB Classic Logic Console emulation adding just a touch of saturation. What it adds is extremely minor and is probably more snake oil than anything I hate to say.Then I know about 3-4 dbs off on the Slate Red Compressor I've got going on. From there it goes into Slate Tape hitting 0 on the VU meter only during the loudest sections. I knock a couple dbs off on the L1 limiter, and all that's going on in Ozone is the loudness maximizer and that's it.

Sounds amazing, thanks for sharing whats going on with the routing a bit. Your computer must be a beast, lots of cpu intensive shit going on. Also cool to see you have love for the waves V stuff, I love those eq's.