Marillion (yeah, it's kinda OT)

BABS said:
Hi Shaye! I loved the Season's End cd, also I loved Hogarth's solo cd "h". "h" I listen to from start to finish and can sing every lyric to. I can't remember the track on Marbles I heard, but it just seemed like Steve was whining through the whole song, it was brutal.

ARRGGHH! Sacrilege!! ;) Well, Season's End to me is one hell of a lot different (they did 'After Me' live last weekend! Whoo-hoo!) though I do love it dearly (it's my second or third favorite, depending on my mood that day :) )... I'm not a big fan of most of h's solo stuff, even though he's one of my top 3 favorite vocalists/lyricists. "You're Gone" has a real modern rock feel to it, "Don't Hurt Yourself" is pretty straight-forward with some acoustic guitar, "Ocean Cloud" is the most proggy, "The Damage" is quirky and fun as hell, and "Neverland" is the most emotional track on the album for me. I love all those songs. Of course, the descriptions are all just what I hear and I'm pretty bad at describing music. :) Oh, and "The Invisible Man" is a little proggy and pretty emotional, too. Great opening track for the album IMO.

I'd love to hear what you think or figure out what the whiny song was. :) (and anyone else who checks them or Marbles out, I'd love to hear what you think, too.)

Shaye

"After Me" is one of my favorite Marillion songs... it's so tender. :)

Lady Space: Do you like H's former band How We Live? I heard the song "Simon's Car" and I love it!

I like what I've heard of How We Live, including Simon's Car, but it's been a few years, and I don't really recall much more than that. :) And of course, Dry land was originally a HWL song, though I like Marillion's version much better. I like the h Band... You ever hear "You Dinosaur Thing"?

And 'After Me' is great... I was singing it at work all day today! 'She worries about him/ but she makes do without him...' great track. Phenomenal live.

Shaye

Easter wasn't a favorite of mine until I saw it live... I'm usually turned on by lyrics and vocals than anything else, but I have to say Steve Rothery's playing (esp. in Easter) is like he's singing to me. I can *feel* what his guitar is saying. If that makes any sense whatsoever. :)

This year, me & my friend Johan rounded out Easter by singing the ending "forgive, forget" part arms around a couple of other guys, swaying back and forth... it sounds kinda goofy now that I write it, but it was pretty cool at the time. :)

Shaye

MARILLION ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2016; VIDEO TRAILER STREAMING

Rock legends Marillion have announced dates for a North American tour in October / November 2016, with support from Porcupine Tree’s John Wesley.

Confirmed dates include:

October
21 - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom
22 - Beverly Hills, CA - Saban Theater
25 - Denver, CO - Paramount Theatre
27 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
28 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
29 - Northfield, OH - Hard Rock Live
31 - Toronto, ON - Danforth Music Hall

November
1 - Montreal, QC - Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre
2 - Québec City, QC - L'Impérial Bell
4 - Boston, MA - Royale Boston
5 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
6 - Philadelphia, PA - Keswick Theatre
8 - New York, NY - PlayStation Theater

Interesting seeing these old posts, and things really haven't changed as a lot of people still feel the need to pick one era over the other. Both era's are amazing, we are all entitled to our opinions but if you think otherwise then you are wrong :tickled: