Bands You've Come To Like After Seeing Them Live

Daylight Dies in 2006 - went to the show for Katatonia, had no idea who Daylight Dies were, they stole the show.

Govt Mule - saw them live before I had their albums.

Children of Bodom - I had gotten bored with their albums before I saw them live, and when I saw them they blew me away! They were amazing! I became a fan for the second time. (Of course, I later got bored again)

Exodus

Wuthering Heights

Krisiun - ignored them until I saw them on the Nile tour last year. They were very cool.

Have Heart - I'd rather see them live than listen to them on CD. Although I almost died both times I saw them (due to the heat).

Paint it Black - had no idea who they were the first time I saw them, but they ruled. Seen twice so far and will keep going back.

Lionheart, as listed above - I saw them for the first time in December and was impressed. They really have it together.

Street Dogs - liked them enough when I saw them on an opening slot to go see them again when they headlined (and had other good bands opening).

(leaving out some local bands)

A Bloomington/Normal IL band called The Spelunkers. This was 1998, iirc, and they opened for Mike Keneally @ Martyr's in Chicago. Never heard of them, but they were a jaw droppingly good band that played power-pop music, and their guitarist is/was incredible. That show is still talked about to this day between attendees and members of Keneally's band. Only put out 2 cds "Breakfast Is America" and "Demand Your Annual Rent"

Zero Hour.

I couldn't get into them the couple times i tried before seeing them. Something clicked for me during their live show. Now they are one of my favorite bands.

The first one that comes to mind for me is Saint Deamon. I didn't really like the songs I had heard but man, their set at IX was an excellent start to the day. Afterwards, I got their disc and now love it. Go figure.

There probably are many others, but I'm having trouble thinking of them at the moment.

Anacrusis and Galactic Cowboys. Saw both bands back when they were opening for Overkill during the tour for Horrorscope. I hadn't heard of either band before this and enjoyed both. How Galactic Cowboys ended up on that tour I'll never know. They really didn't fit with Overkill as the headliner. Ben kept offer the fans in the crowd who were booing them beer, but that just pissed them off more!

Anacrusis and Galactic Cowboys. Saw both bands back when they were opening for Overkill during the tour for Horrorscope. I hadn't heard of either band before this and enjoyed both. How Galactic Cowboys ended up on that tour I'll never know. They really didn't fit with Overkill as the headliner. Ben kept offer the fans in the crowd who were booing them beer, but that just pissed them off more!

I saw that show also - never heard of GC before that time. Funny story about that. A friend and I were standing up front and when they started setting up GC's gear, he noticed the drum kit was all these different colors. My friend looks at me and tells me if the bass player comes out with some funky hair color he was leaving. Well, the bass player came out with bright red hair and my friend walked away. HAH! I didn't think he missed all that much. :loco:

Between the Buried and Me.

Saw them at the first progressive nation tour and they rocked me live. I still enjoy their live show much mroe than the albums I've bought since.

Culture Club. After seeing them live I went to a gay bar and sang Karma Chamelion at karaoke...in assless chaps...AND IM STRAIGHT!

Thunderstone! They weren't even on my radar until I saw them at ProgPower. After that, and after buying Tools of Destruction and REALLY listening to it, I became hooked. "Stratovarius clone" my ass! :)

There are others out there whose live show has altered my opinion of them for the better, but Thunderstone is probably the most dramatic.

I would think that maybe only on their first album they did have the huge Strato influence. Then, they became heavier and less speedy. I was more reminded of Masterplan than Strato when listening to them. In any ways, Thunderstone rules and I hope they'll release a new disc soon.

Between the Buried and Me.

Saw them at the first progressive nation tour and they rocked me live. I still enjoy their live show much mroe than the albums I've bought since.

We saw BTBAM on the PN tour and they slayed. Even my wife who hates growlies was impressed.

I also wasn't expecting much from 3 but they brought it big time. Their last 2 cd's get routine cycles through my playlist.

I saw these guys twice back in the day (first supporting Voi Vod and Vio-Lence, and the second time supporting DRI). These guys were way ahead of their time. I never did get an album, but probably should.

Yes, yes you should. Everyone here should, really. I'm still holding out hope for a PPUSA Anacrusis reunion appearance.

We saw BTBAM on the PN tour and they slayed. Even my wife who hates growlies was impressed.

I also wasn't expecting much from 3 but they brought it big time. Their last 2 cd's get routine cycles through my playlist.

Glad to see you enjoyed 3. 3 got great exposure with that tour and by touring with Porcupine Tree. I've been a huge fan of theirs for years and attend basically any show of theirs I can.

I would think that maybe only on their first album they did have the huge Strato influence. Then, they became heavier and less speedy. I was more reminded of Masterplan than Strato when listening to them. In any ways, Thunderstone rules and I hope they'll release a new disc soon.

You haven't gotten "Dirt Metal"?