Mark and Dreamwatch's Thread Closing Practices--->

What drives Marky Mark and the Dreamy Watch?

• They close threads based on their own personal and political bias

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • They always close threads just when they're getting good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're just following strict orders.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They always know what's best and only do what's right for the board

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • They're just really bored and following their newlywed whims

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Option 1 & 2

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
I don't recall Nightwing making anti-Islamic sentiments, dawg.

And I think he's doing a pretty good job as 'the good guy,' as you so eloquently put it. And you are definitely looking for trouble with threads like this, Prismatic. You're lucky Mark and dream watch are so lenient.

going int odiscussion threads and interrupting discussions with counting to increase his postcount for one.

spamming without contributing at all

useless threads (many many times)

Lady Vampy said:
For the love of god, will you ever stop arguing? And you wonder why Mark and dreamwatch close so many inane threads.
The arguing must not stop. That was one of the great things about the Maiden bb. Actually Mark has not closed so many threads, its just the racist ones. What happened on IM was that a minority of people were a bit challenged, humour wise and in the brains dept, so they started whining to the new admin, Skunk when they found they were no match for the witty people there. The minority only got what they wanted because luckily for them Rod happened to see just one thread he didn't like. Then the changes were unavoidable and Skunk's installation sealed the bb's doom. There's nothing like that on this board, no humour impaired people, no ass kissers who will moan for mod intervention. Therefore this bb can handle the arguements, flames and everything.

Nightwing said:
And he didn't even start this thread, so Steve's comment was largely irrelevant.
It may have been irrelevant, but it was pretty amusing. Why is no one allowed to post anything unless it agrees with what YOU think is true, or acceptable? Who are you? The Equalizer - out to right all the wrongs of threads you don't like?
:bah:

Um, I thought this was a thread that was in the process of being cannibalized so as to make fun of Prismatic Sphere, not to start a flame war about Profanity behind his/her back.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
It may have been irrelevant, but it was pretty amusing. Why is no one allowed to post anything unless it agrees with what YOU think is true, or acceptable? Who are you? The Equalizer - out to right all the wrongs of threads you don't like?
:bah:
Hey I was just stating a fact dude......Profanity didn't start the thread, PS did - so what? You have a problem with facts?

And, in actuality, anyone is basically allowed to post anything they want.....haven't you noticed?
Even racists and xenophobes are allowed to have their say.......as you can see from the poll, not many people agree with them, but hey, I'm all for them being allowed to express themselves - count on me to argue the point though......"The Equalizer" :lol: I kinda like that......

You have a major problem with me, that's your perogative....sometimes you clutch at straws to get at me, though. Why don't you just relax?

Nightwing said:
Hey I was just stating a fact dude......Profanity didn't start the thread, PS did - so what? You have a problem with facts?

You have a major problem with me, that's your perogative....sometimes you clutch at straws to get at me, though. Why don't you just relax?
What the hell are you talking about? I have a major problem with you, how? I've complained to you what, once? This is the second thing - how is that major? Are you paranoid? The only people I have "major" problems with on this board are John Silver, Soundmaster and The Real Moonchild, because they started to ruin this Maiden board as far as I'm concerned, with bullshit Duran Duran etc topics,that's why I rarely post in here now although I used to do so quite a lot.
If you're bothered about me giving you bad rep for backing up Silver, give me some bad rep back and forget about it.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Um, I thought this was a thread that was in the process of being cannibalized so as to make fun of Prismatic Sphere, not to start a flame war about Profanity behind his/her back.
You think Profanity doesn't read EVERY topic on this fuckin board? He's got nothing better to do, or hadn't you heard. And we don't just take the piss out of him "behind his back" - we do it in his own threads all the time - he deserves it, he posts more crap than anyone else here. Like saying people with cancer shouldn't use drugs to help themselves, cos it's natural for them to suffer and die. Is that the ravings of a fucking arsehole or not?!!

TakinTheMusicBack said:
What the hell are you talking about? I have a major problem with you, how? I've complained to you what, once? This is the second thing - how is that major? Are you paranoid? The only people I have "major" problems with on this board are John Silver, Soundmaster and The Real Moonchild, because they started to ruin this Maiden board as far as I'm concerned, with bullshit Duran Duran etc topics,that's why I rarely post in here now although I used to do so quite a lot.
If you're bothered about me giving you bad rep for backing up Silver, give me some bad rep back and forget about it.
Fair enough. I'll consider you as someone who doesn't have a major problem with me.
But you really do need to relax.

dreamwatch said:
I've closed one thread - not so much for content, but it was being dominated by someone who registered here with the sole intent of shit stirring. in a fairly adult fashion. People joining up just to spew their bullshit is a different matter though. :)
If you're referring to me then that is completely wrong.

I DID NOT register here with the sole intent of shit stirring, having a high post count-yes, contributing-yes, being well known-yes but most certainly NOT shit stirring.

I admit that I wanted to get my post count high so I could have the status I had on the official Iron Maiden BB before I was unfairly banned, so I thought the best way to do that would be in a thread where the originator said it was ok to spam, other BB users even said at the start they'd use that thread to boost their post count and Steve said that was ok, he just wanted the thread to achieve its goal of a million replies.

As I was under the impression that the threads ultimate goal was to achieve a million replies, I was doing everything I could to help the thread achieve its goal-that's not shit stirring that's helping other BB members.

If the goal of the thread was just to have conversation then Steve should have said that at the start, how am I shit stirring by following the instructions of a thread you had nothing against?

Steve is the reason the thread got deleted by not making it clear at the start what the intention of the thread was.