Mark Briody here

Briody

Jan 22, 2002
www.jagpanzer.com
Hello everyone -

First of all - A HUGE congratulations to Chris Broderick for his new gig with Megadeth. Chris is a worldclass talent and the hardest worker I've ever met. He's like a brother to me and I'm excited for him to get this opportunity. Myself, and everyone else in the band, not only support Chris's decision, we're excited for him.

We (Jag Panzer) have brought Chris Lasegue back to play guitar. Chris tore it up on 'Chain of Command' and his chops are light years better then they were back then.

So why the total silence from Jag Panzer over the past year? Frankly, I'm upset about getting the rug pulled out from me on the live album. We have a budget for the live album. A tiny budget. I took out a spreadsheet and figured that this budget would allow us to rent a van and drive to Montreal to record the live album. We'd have to supply the recording equipment ourselves and mix the live album ourselves. Yes, the budget is that small.

We were planning on recording the show for a live DVD as well. Releasing this live DVD would have offset our additional costs we incurred on the live album. But I never saw the DVD release paperwork from the label. Gas prices have gotten so high that our budget wouldn't even cover expenses one way to Montreal or anywhere else we'd need to go for a live album.

So right now we're stuck. We're contractually obligated to do a live album, but there funds to do it just aren't adequete. People have suggested we record the KIT show. That's a great idea. But I checked on the price of a mobile truck and it's double the budget. Arghhh!!!

My solution - we're moving forward with new material after we get back from Germany. I'm hoping things can get sorted out with the live album, but I have to move forward. I'm not angry with Century Media, I know they are trying to run a business. But something has to give.

So look for a new single in the months after KIT.

Mark, how about putting something out like Metallica did; A Day in the life of Jag Panzer? You could self-produce that w/ some old concert footage and shoot personal interviews yourself. Add a whole show from the past to end it and package it all up. Not sure how to distribute it though but eBay would be a good place for something like that since JP items are always in demand there. Use the proceeds to finance the live lp in the future??? 100 or more copies at $19.99-$24.99 equates into some extra cash w/ little expenditure. If you were willing to sit down and get some of the band members to autograph them, they WILL sell

I have a friend that does production for a Northeast TV station that probably would be willing to donate time to the project. He is a whiz and has the equipment and resources AND is a Jag Panzer fan

Just a thought...

Mark, I agree with everything you said above :cool:

Chris is a great guy and with you guys wishing him well is proof just the same and you guys are all class:cool:

I'm happy for Chris and equally happy that you guys are carrying on and while I wish that CM could do more in terms of the live recording, it's great to know that you guys are going to be getting some new material out to the fans :headbang:

All the best to you guys and please keep us up to speed with all things Jag and if you guys have any shows in the area....i'll be there as usual:cool:

All the best! Happy New Year Mark!

^Yeah. Hope u'll sort things out for the live album, but glad to hear about new material :)

As for Chris Lasegue... that's good! Cannot wait to see u guys live in Germany :)
All the best to the new line up and all the best to Chris B.

:kickass:

Sad to hear about the limited budget and also the loss of Chris Broderick, one of the most talented lead guitarists out there. I won't deny it, I will miss all contributions and songs of Chris, he has written some awesome songs in JP and he will be missed.

But Mark, you're a great songwriter too and I believe with the addition of the new Chris we'll see a strong JP.

Good news too that you will move forward and concentrate on writing material for a new album. Eagerly awaiting it:headbang:

^Yeah. Hope u'll sort things out for the live album, but glad to hear about new material :)

As for Chris Lasegue... that's good! Cannot wait to see u guys live in Germany :)
All the best to the new line up and all the best to Chris B.

:kickass:

Hey you! have a blast at KIT! :kickass: it's been too long since I saw Jag last and seeing them on foreign soil would be awesome!

It's really bad to read the news about the live records... I really hope it's going to work out somehow.
And I am so excited about seeing JP live at Keep It True as I haven't had the chance to attend a show yet.
(hopefully they'll play Cold is the Blade ;))

If the budget is that small, I prefer to hear new material, definetely. I am not dying for a live record, and I am anxious to find out what you guys will write after Casting The Stones. If you put out another killer record, maybe a new company will enhance the budget for a live record.

Congratulations to Chris!He really deserved it!!!But on the other hand I'm sad 'cause Jag Panzer really deserves all the best.

Anyway,I will remain JP die hard fan and we will see each other again on KIT!

In Transylvania club in Milano 2003. Croatian wrecking crew was thrilled!!!!
Cheers!

This is great news! Chris is an excellent guitar player and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. I also can't wait to hear Christian back in Jag Panzer, he completely smoked on Chain of Command.