cobrahead1030

Nov 16, 2005
http://disvisioned.net/clips/cobrahead_boogiewank.mp3

ltd mv300 w/emg 81 bridge...
mark III blue stripe combo...
splawn OS 2x12 w/hellatone 60L...
sennheiser e609...
delay/verb from adobe audition...

this is a bit different from the kinda stuff i'm used to playing, but it was a good fun challenge...it also made me realize how i need to work on my vibrato when holding out notes for more than a few seconds

all comments, criticism, and name calling welcome :cool:

I think at 0:32 that arpeggio is out of the key the song is, you have to fix that.
Pay attention to the phrase at 00:50, it's not on time/at tempo (I don't know how you brits/americans tell it).
And another important thing is to develop a better phrasing, after 00:50 seems like a collage of licks instead of the evolving of a solo.
Anyway keep on rocking!

Nice playing and tones man! How loud do you have your amp when you record it? Do you put your amp in a closet? How exactly did you mic it? I have an E609s too but like a 57 better. What is your opinion on the mic?

i kinda got lazy on the end of this, i should've worked out some better ideas phrasing wise...but i did this for a jam someone posted, and had a deadline to meet

that arpeggio is in key, just has a few notes that are kinda dissonant sounding...there are a few spots where my timing could've been better, the one you pointed out being the most evident

thanks for the honesty tho, i do appreciate it

the amp was at bedroom volume when i recorded this...i like the 609 myself, it's an easy mic to use and always has a nice high/mid/low balance IMO...i prefer my 57+i5 setup overall, but a single 609 for me is the easiest way to get a tone i like