Mark IV - Testament Goodness!

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Ok, so here's the deal. I was just noodling with tones the other day, and realized my alder body jacksons just aren't doing the rhythm stuff well. I'm getting a nice mahogany Jackson soon *SLS 3 drool* but decided to use my les paul COPY with an active pup just to get some toanz playing some Killing Season :D

So here, with sloppy quadding, which I apologise for, but I wasn't intending to keep these tracks. But since I thought the end result was good, and I don't hear enough good mark iv tones around the interwebz, hopefully you guys think this sounds good, I look forward to getting a proper mix done to work on it more :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/AwesomeMarkTone.wav

Might be my poor english, but I wouldn't call this "scratchy". It sounds quite smooth in my opinion.
But yeah, smoothness to a big extent is a matter of mic placement.
Strange dip in the 500 Hz area. Is it post-processing?

It sounds quite smooth in my opinion.
But yeah, smoothness to a big extent is a matter of mic placement.

Your English is fine lol, but you are right. But this amp is just inherently smooth. So much that it's difficult to get a really mean tone like a recto.

Cool! We have an agreement! :-D

I love smooth driven sounds. However, to capture a really smooth sound of my MarkIV (through 1960AV cab) I have to play a bit with the mic placement. It doesn't work straight away.