Mesa Mark IV Metal Clip With Sneap Samples

gibson5413

May 25, 2005
I need your ears. I am entering a "nOOb" recording contest and would like your opinions specifically on the bass and drum tracks. I'm pretty happy with the guitar tones but am still trying to fond my drum and bass tones.

I used my Mark IV through the Bogner 2x12 mic'ed by a Shure 57 and Sennheiser e609 mix (guitar was Schecter Hellraiser). Recorded bass direct with my Sansamp Bass Driver DI. Drums were mapped with EZDrummer and sampled through Drumagog.

I'm mainly looking for opinions on the drums and bass. The tune was chosen for a cover song contest I entered (God Forbid's Antihero).

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/49-Antihero (Sneap).mp3

I like the guitar tone a lot.

the only thing i hear that doesnt sound that good, and trust me i know how it is, is the cymbals. the bass drum seems a little overpowering in some places.

better than anything ive ever done and probably will ever do. haha.

good stuff man! hope i could be of some help

Gibson, yeah, the cymbals are loud to the point of sounding silly, and while the guitar tone is pretty good, it definitely has that Bogner 2x12 fizz I'm becoming all too aware of (see this thread for what I mean). Still, it's about as good as I could imagine a tone from that cab being, so great job!

Trying to think what God Forbid song that.....oh yeah, Antihero. Good song.

Sounded pretty good, the drums didn't sit that well for me. Guitars were good though.