MArk Tremonti of Cree/Aleterbridge on Peter Lindgren

metalhead416

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2007
http://alterbridge.com/Press_files/Total%20Guitar - Guitar Gods.pdf

in the first cpolumn. read MArt T. response....

itsa question about recent underrated guitarist.....its cool to see he has knowlege of opeth.....even though he was in one of the worst rock bands in history...hahahhaa.....good to know opeth has some mainstream fans.....jsut thought it was interesting to share...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

EDIT : PAGE 9...please....sorry forgot about yhat....PEAC EOUT

PAGE 9

PAGE 9

Cool, but I wouldn't bet that he knows which bits Peter are playing.
Plus, he thought that Iommi wrote all the riffs in Black Sabbath, when in fact Geezer Butler wrote loads of them, including 'Black Sabbath' itself.

I bet he was referring to Mikael but they got the names mixed up since he just said "the guitarist from Opeth". Since Peter's name is in square brackets, that means the editor put it in for reference.

I bet he was referring to Mikael but they got the names mixed up since he just said "the guitarist from Opeth". Since Peter's name is in square brackets, that means the editor put it in for reference.

I was gonna say the same thing......seems liek he was talkin bout writeing riffs...adn Mike susualyl does most of teh writing..if not all.....mayeb he did mean Mikey.....either way...its cool that he knows about opeth...adn he has them in his Myspace friends....top 12.......no kiddin... www.myspace.com/alterbridge .....hahaha....PEAC EOUT

gee i wonder what mike thinks about alterbridge, and the guys in creed lawl

i somehow dont think mark tremonti knew what he was talking about, he cites that peter wrote the songs.........which for the most part he did not. tbh i would not value his opinion anyway, especially seeing as he was in such a down right awful band. however i do suppose its good that he knew about opeth especially then when they had not reached their peak of popularity.

I think all of the artists they payed tribute to are pretty over rated. Slash knows his pentatonics and can play em fast (when hes sober) which is no big trick. Killswitch Engage plays crappy metalcore that any kid can play and write after playing guitar for 2 or 3 years. Scott Ian is cool but hes no virtuoso. I thought Mark Chapman was the name of the asshole who killed John Lennon. What band is he in? Mark Tremonti actually has some talent but he hasnt gotten a chance to really prove it yet because he keeps creating bands that are ruined by lead singers who are trying to bring back the 80's. I wish the real talented players like Jeff Loomis, Rusty Cooley, Mike Campese, Francesco Fareri, Chris Broderick, etc ... got a little credit. Theyve actually dedicated their lives to becoming masters of the instrument and these guys could play circles around anyone of these so called "Gods". Its obvious that these magazines are written for the average music listener and not actually guitarists. Guitar Gods my ass, I dont give a shit what these people have to say. Except maybe Scott, but its not because of talent.

I think all of the artists they payed tribute to are pretty over rated. Slash knows his pentatonics and can play em fast (when hes sober) which is no big trick. Killswitch Engage plays crappy metalcore that any kid can play and write after playing guitar for 2 or 3 years. Scott Ian is cool but hes no virtuoso. I thought Mark Chapman was the name of the asshole who killed John Lennon. What band is he in? Mark Tremonti actually has some talent but he hasnt gotten a chance to really prove it yet because he keeps creating bands that are ruined by lead singers who are trying to bring back the 80's. I wish the real talented players like Jeff Loomis, Rusty Cooley, Mike Campese, Francesco Fareri, Chris Broderick, etc ... got a little credit. Theyve actually dedicated their lives to becoming masters of the instrument and these guys could play circles around anyone of these so called "Gods". Its obvious that these magazines are written for the average music listener and not actually guitarists. Guitar Gods my ass, I dont give a shit what these people have to say. Except maybe Scott, but its not because of talent.

i couldnt agree more... im not great at guitar, im self taught and only been playing like 3 years, but i do know enough to say you are completely right.