Mark V or Roadster

barricade

Giggity Geschmougen
Oct 31, 2007
Hey guiseee!

I'm rly g.a.s.ing for ono of these... so i need u to tell me more about them... wich one is better for the price. I actually need an allrounder amp that provides great rock and metal sound and has nice cleans at the same time! If you could provide some clips of the amps - that would be very nice.

I have them both at a very special offer so plz don't suggest me other amps :) tnx!

Yo dude.

It really depends on what type of sound you are going for and what you will be playing. I haven't spent a ton of time with the Rectos, but know the sound very well and have heard nothing but great things regarding the flexibility of the Roadster and that it has great cleans.

I have owned a Mark III and have also played a Mark IIC+ and Mark IV. They sound very different from the Rectos. Smooth, not as huge of a bottom end, a bit "woody" (uh huhhhh huhh woody) sound, not quite as "big" as the Rectos. They can still sound very heavy and are generally tighter than the Rectos without a tubescreamer, yet not quite as modern sounding. The Mark series have the typical thrash sound of early-mid Metallica, Dream Theater, etc. etc.

Recto will definitely sound more modern and chunky for extreme metal in my opinion.

Both are great amps but do totally different things.

Joe

Tnx for the input...

yes so i read about them on some other sites... totally different beasts...

The thing is... i already have a 5150mk1. Now i need a different amp that is more versatile and can provide some different and quality tones! I rly don't know which one to buy... GAWDDD.... and i have only 1 week and cant try them out till i get to the store next week... and the store is 500km away :\.

Tnx for the input...

yes so i read about them on some other sites... totally different beasts...

The thing is... i already have a 5150mk1. Now i need a different amp that is more versatile and can provide some different and quality tones! I rly don't know which one to buy... GAWDDD.... and i have only 1 week and cant try them out till i get to the store next week... and the store is 500km away :.

What type of music do you play dude?

If it's mostly metal, hard rock, etc. I'd say go for the Roadster. Granted, the Mark V can do these types of music too, but won't be as "big" sounding IMO. In fact I'd say the Mark series can sound quite thin. Great amps, just not the first amp I'd choose.

I say Roadster all the way! :headbang:

-Joe

I play something like... Protest the hero meets black dahlia murder (i would say...), but i actually have it for my studio...and yes...as more and i search ther internet more i like the Roadster...! Has great cleans, can do nice newage crunch and crazy higain. The markV really sounds kinda thin.

At first i was mark V all the way... now im all over the Roadster.heh..crazy fuck :\

I play something like... Protest the hero meets black dahlia murder (i would say...), but i actually have it for my studio...and yes...as more and i search ther internet more i like the Roadster...! Has great cleans, can do nice newage crunch and crazy higain. The markV really sounds kinda thin.

At first i was mark V all the way... now im all over the Roadster.heh..crazy fuck :

Go for the Roadster! Mark V is still probably a great amp, but for you I'd say Roadster without a doubt.

Joe

The MKV is an AMAZING AMP, but for my money, I'd definitely want something of the Recto variant FIRST, so, go with the Roadster! It's killer sounding..

We have both at my store and we've been able to bring both home to mess about with, so I DO have some experience, haha..

23716_10150111579195393_880500392_11340513_7413861_n.jpg

...it totally owned the Mark V ...for my taste... this amp is fuckin insane... never heard such nice clean tone... the amp is fucking tight! dr000l.. *still at ch1 at the moment... 3 to follow :D*

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: