Marketing Your Music

outbreak525

Jun 15, 2010
Figured it'd be nice to have a discussion here about how to go about marketing your music to reach the most people and get your band as noticed as possible!

Right now, my band has an EP out for free on BandCamp, Mediafire, YouTube, Facebook etc. but we also have that same EP out on iTunes for $2.97 for those that actually like buying music for the lossless quality and to support the band.

For the next release we plan on releasing another free EP, but this time on the iTunes version there's one extra [quite long] bonus track. Good ideas right?

But all this aside, what would be the best method or your best method of choice for getting your music heard by the most people, thus increasing your fanbase and the possibility of someone going 'holy shit!' and sending it to all his friends and etc?

Damnit that's two threads in a row that I started that's already been discussed.
I suck at searching :/

Right now, my band has an EP out for free on BandCamp, Mediafire, YouTube, Facebook etc. but we also have that same EP out on iTunes for $2.97 for those that actually like buying music for the lossless quality and to support the band.

iTunes is finally lossless? I thought 256-Kbps AAC was max? That's always been the deal breaker for me and why I still buy CD's :(

iTunes is finally lossless? I thought 256-Kbps AAC was max? That's always been the deal breaker for me and why I still buy CD's :(

Well they made me upload .wavs of the tracks. I figure that's the file that goes to the customer unless iTunes converts it itself. Which is stupid.