Marshall Jcm 2000

ethereal_misery

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2005
Hi James,I noticed in your bio/stas,that you used Marshall Jcm2000 cab and heads.I own one myself.What else if any other pedals did you have running with it?And do you remember your settings?
presence
bass
middle
high
gain
channel 1 or 2?
Any comments would be very helpful.Thank You
Joshua

actually i've been playing a Framus Cobra for some time now and i love it. i really don't recall my old Marshall settings... the Cobra is my suggestion.

I recall earlier today where we had a guitarist bring a JCM2000 head to a session and couldn't get anything other than a brittle hiss from it, even run through a mesa traditional slant cab with v30s, the bass on the head on '10', using a dark mic, run through a great river pre to get even more highs out.

Following in line with James here, the best thing I can suggest is to look at another amp :)

James Murphy said:
actually i've been playing a Framus Cobra for some time now and i love it. i really don't recall my old Marshall settings... the Cobra is my suggestion.

Hey James, do you use the stock greenbacks in the cabinets, or have you switched them out? Or, do you not use the matching cabinets at all?

DSS3 said:
Hey James, do you use the stock greenbacks in the cabinets, or have you switched them out? Or, do you not use the matching cabinets at all?
He uses the matching cabinet stock. I remember asking him the same specific question.