Marshall JMP1....

Seriously been dying to try one of these. I heard there was some delay when switching channels though?

Sucks that no music stores around me carry anything more "high end".....its all cheap Bugera, Kustom, etc.

Hey Brian i just saw ur question and its kind if a late reply so not sure ull see it but there it goes: (course its all imo)

I think the triaxis is a wonderful pre! If u like the mark series tones and has beautiful cleans as well. The recto mode sounds nothing like a recto. Of course i have to say that all of this is based around a 2:90 poweramp and i beleive that that poweramp sounds wonderful and "creamy, full" but doesnt give u that aggressive tone if u are looking for a more modern sound ala 5150 recto slo etc.
Unless the problem in the chain is me haha. Really nice od tones as well.

I know u didnt ask about that but u said u disntvget to try one yet. As to ur question i never had a problem switching presets and modes on the 2:90 simultaneously.

Sounds cool buddy !

I noticed you added the U87 for miking, was it just a slight blend or more like a 50-50 thing with the SM57 ?

I love the U87 on a V30 412 Marshall cab for fat tones.
Thank you !
I remember it was some kind of slight blend, to add a bit of air to the SM57 track. I played with the Variphi setting too on that U87 track, to carve a bit the frequencies like I want (I do that a lot these times, very useful).

On the phone now ill check it out when i get back home early next week thx for the clip!
You're welcome, can't wait for your feedback ;)

Peavey Rockmaster

it's not programmable but has 3 channels, it's very affordable, and kicks all sorts of ass. mine broke down a few years ago, but it was definitely capable of a modern metal tones as well as decent crunch and cleans. the lead channel is supposed to be based on the peavey ultra

it has FX loops for each channel as well as as common loop for all channel or only the gain ones. you could also get it to switch channel with a cheap midi switcher since the whole preamp is operated by one stereo footswitch. even a g-major could switch channels for you ;-)

I have an ADA-MP1. How does it compare to the JMP? Is the ADA capable when it comes to modern high gain sounds?

I've mainly been using it for cleans (I think it's beautiful) and lead tones. I don't use a ton of gain on my lead sounds.