Marshall opinions wanted

zenx

eat glass
Hey, I am looking into getting either a Marshall DSL 100 or a 6100 30th Anniversary head (maybe TSL 100, or a JCM 800 dual-channel?)

I'm looking for that creamy marshall tone, with a lot of gain. What are your opinions, experiences with these amps? I hear a lot of good stuff about the 6100, it seems pretty versatile. How does it compare to the DSL? What about DSL vs. TSL?
I hear good stuff about the 800 as well, but does it apply also to the dual channel version, or only the original single-channel one?

I know, the best would be to try them all out, but I can't really find the older ones around.

I used to have a TSL and a friend has a DSL, and I currently have an old JCM800. I'd definitely say go for the 800. I don't remember if my one has one or two, as it's in California right now and I'm in New York, but the two or one channel thing shouldn't be a problem.

I've owned the JCM 800, the DSL 100, and a 6100 LM before. I prefer the 6100 from those. Best cleans of the three, very versatile, and more gain than you'll ever need.