Maryland Deathfest VI: May 23rd - 25th, 2008 @ Sonar in Baltimore, MD

I'd see MONSTROSITY, GRAVE, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT. After that, it's beyond weak. I love death and black metal, but this fest leaves much to be desired, IMO.

Is that because you dislike the other bands or because you're unfamiliar with them? A mix of both?

I'd see MONSTROSITY, GRAVE, and NUCLEAR ASSAULT. After that, it's beyond weak. I love death and black metal, but this fest leaves much to be desired, IMO.

Beyond weak? Really? There isn't a single band on that bill who I've heard that makes bad music. I'm just going to assume you're unfamiliar with most of the bands and that's why you think it's a weak lineup.

I don't understand how somebody into extreme music would think a lineup with bands like Disfear, Ghoul, Impaled, Behold...the Arctopus, Gadget, Impaled, Dying Fetus, Anaal Nathrakh, Martyr, Waco Jesus, Fuck...I'm Dead, or Macabre is weak. They're all held in very high regards in their respective scenes.

Beyond weak? Really? There isn't a single band on that bill who I've heard that makes bad music. I'm just going to assume you're unfamiliar with most of the bands and that's why you think it's a weak lineup.

I don't understand how somebody into extreme music would think a lineup with bands like Disfear, Ghoul, Impaled, Behold...the Arctopus, Gadget, Impaled, Dying Fetus, Anaal Nathrakh, Martyr, Waco Jesus, Fuck...I'm Dead, or Macabre is weak. They're all held in very high regards in their respective scenes.
Meh, does nothing for me.

in this case 'brutal' means?
I think of bands like Amon Amarth and Vader as Death Metal. I think of bands like Nile and 1349 as Brutal Death. Obviously, there's not really a science to these classifications, and they should really only be used by reviewers, trying to give a reader an idea of the overall sound of the music.

What's after brutal death?
Grind.

Zod