Maryland Deathfest VI: May 23rd - 25th, 2008 @ Sonar in Baltimore, MD

Skarp is fucking awesome... I saw them the other night actually. Great live band.

Although, I personally don't bother with MDF anymore since its more or less waiting 2-3 hours for a band I want to see, then another 2-3 hours for the next band I want to see... all the while getting puked on by some drunk 300lb dude in a 6XXL Excrementory Grindfuckers shirt.

Skarp is fucking awesome... I saw them the other night actually. Great live band.

Although, I personally don't bother with MDF anymore since its more or less waiting 2-3 hours for a band I want to see, then another 2-3 hours for the next band I want to see... all the while getting puked on by some drunk 300lb dude in a 6XXL Excrementory Grindfuckers shirt.

when have you ever been to one?

The year Necrophagist played (Who I missed) and Aborted... 2003 I think. And I went the night Immolation played 2005 since I was out on the east coast and fucking love Immolation live.

Edit: Oh, and suffocation was on 2003 also, right? On the first day I think. I saw that.

Heh... there were a shit ton of bands on that first one, most I hadn't heard of at the time.

And actually, thinking about it, I think Suffocation were the second day...

God damn is my memory fried!

Speaking of Aborted, who else is pissed they're going to be getting such a short setlist on that summer slaughter bullshit? Thats 2 extremely reputable bands (Vader and Aborted) that are getting shit on by that traveling fest. They should be fucking headlining it.

Edit: Also, does The Thunderdome still exist? I remember they had given my dad a bunch a shit about bringing me (as far as I know it was 21+ though, but most venues then still had the policy that under 21's could come with parental supervision), and the place was only filled to about 400 or so, but I also saw a list of some decent shows that were there?

Are they? Don't follow death metal like I used to.

Then again, in a world where Cryptopsy can release a deathcore album, I'm assuming even Aborted can suck a fat cock.

Speaking of Aborted, who else is pissed they're going to be getting such a short setlist on that summer slaughter bullshit? Thats 2 extremely reputable bands (Vader and Aborted) that are getting shit on by that traveling fest. They should be fucking headlining it.

Edit: Also, does The Thunderdome still exist? I remember they had given my dad a bunch a shit about bringing me (as far as I know it was 21+ though, but most venues then still had the policy that under 21's could come with parental supervision), and the place was only filled to about 400 or so, but I also saw a list of some decent shows that were there?

you're being massively unrealistic.

aborted and vader, to my knowledge have never done a headlining US tour, i don't think they've been any higher than 3rd support honestly.

and say what you want about black dahlia murder, but they deserve the spot they have. vader and aborted are great bands, but they're not from the US.

and the newest aborted album is horrible. but i'll be glad to watch them so long as they play sanguine verses.

you're being massively unrealistic.

aborted and vader, to my knowledge have never done a headlining US tour, i don't think they've been any higher than 3rd support honestly.

and say what you want about black dahlia murder, but they deserve the spot they have. vader and aborted are great bands, but they're not from the US.

and the newest aborted album is horrible. but i'll be glad to watch them so long as they play sanguine verses.

Vader's never done a US headlining tour?

More like, Vaders done SEVERAL headlining US tours. Several successful ones to be exact.

Aborted has done atleast one, co-headlining with Suffocation IIRC (I may be wrong on this, because thinking about it xxxjobforacryptopsyxxx may have headlined that), which had dates that met up with a Vader tour where Vader headlined.

Vader's never done a US headlining tour?

More like, Vaders done SEVERAL headlining US tours. Several successful ones to be exact.

Aborted has done atleast one, co-headlining with Suffocation IIRC (I may be wrong on this, because thinking about it xxxjobforacryptopsyxxx may have headlined that), which had dates that met up with a Vader tour where Vader headlined.

aborted was like the fourth in line on that show. despised icon opened, then aborted, then cattle decapitation, cryptopsy and suffocation. and that was when cryptopsy were really good. at least that's how the lineup went at the show i went to.

i wasn't aware that vader had done headlining tours, and they couldn't have been very successful as they're probably about only 20 percent as popular as another polish band.

at any rate, they're not nearly as successful as black dahlia murder in the US market.