Maryland Deathfest XI : May 24-27, 2012

Are you going to MDF 2012?

• Definitely going - want to share a room.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Definitely going - do NOT want to share a room.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Probably going - want to share a room.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure if I'll go - want to share if I do.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Not sure if I'll go - do NOT want to share if I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not going.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Definitely not going.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll see you fuckers there... And I've already had a brief conversation with a couple people about the possibility of splitting a room again next year. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for music or party. Probably both. I need to make sure I don't get drunk and spend all my money in 15 minutes of burning, shitfaced glory again, though, since money will be tight no matter what.

I want to go, but I'm not sure what the situation will look like next summer so we'll see. Line-up is promising.

BTW I really don't want to organize the "kiddie" room again. Having to worry about security kicking your ass out and adding a damage charge really fucking sucks.

Security kicking me out? I thought I was fairly quiet compared to the other people in the room...

But yeah that concern is understandable. Did they charge you for the broken vent or anything?

Just as a side note, I know its extremely early to start talking about rooms, but Im down to host a (adult) room this upcoming year.

Last time was a shit-show in both rooms, regardless of age. People were going back and forth and those who wanted to sleep weren't able to (*cough* Kevin and Dan bringing in those French-Canadians at 5 AM) because of people partying. Next year will probably be more intense so it's imperative we make sure one room is for under-21 and mellow.

Yeah, I was in no way implying that you were a problem. I wasn't even saying that anyone was a problem, just the situation is a scary ordeal.

And no, I wasn't changed extra for anything, and I still doubt that the Tremont would do that unless under pretty extreme circumstances. I'm sure this is a huge revenue boost for their hotel, and kicking guests out would hurt their reputation.

I think that there will be only like 2-3 people coming to MDF this year that would be under 21. The idea of a "kiddie" room seems a bit unnecessary, although I definitely agree that having 2 rooms, one being for partying, and the other for sleeping/casual hanging out, is the way to go.

I might be down to help work on organization this year. Lemme know if I can help with anything.

I think Schmidt is right about the Tremont getting good money for that whole weekend. They are used to it being insane there at this point. I don't think they give too much of a fuck at all.

I might be down to help work on organization this year. Lemme know if I can help with anything.

I think Schmidt is right about the Tremont getting good money for that whole weekend. They are used to it being insane there at this point. I don't think they give too much of a fuck at all.

Well we did have security come up and tell us that we needed to keep it down at one point on Saturday night.

I put probably going, want to share a room, because I'm not sure what my employment situation will be next May. If I have the money and the time off, there's no way I won't be there.

I think splitting the rooms into party and chill rooms is a good idea. Everyone has different levels of partying they can handle without being exhausted, so it benefits everyone. Hard partyers don't have to worry about keeping people up, and tired people (such as myself) don't have to worry about being buzzkills.

Status
Not open for further replies.