Mass Effect 3!!!

Ok, the lameness of Harbinger and TermiReaper I can't dispute - but I guess I was really able to dismiss 'em because the supporting characters were so interesting and richly-developed, not to mention varied but believable (Thane, Legion, and Mordin being my standout faves, but they're all fantastic), as were the individual plots surrounding them - and I'm pretty sure those missions were the majority of the game! (rather than the "main story" of the Collectors/Reapers). Not like I'm complaining of course, cuz the end result was so damned effective IMO :D

Thanks for a spirited (and civil) debate btw! :wave:

Fuck you guys. Seriously, why do we have to wait 3 more days in Europe? :D
And The Matrix -> ME comparison fails completely imho, 2 was a lot better than ME1 in 9 out of 10 ways and ME3 seems to be a great combination of good features from ME1, the good features from ME2 and then some useful improvements and completely new aspects. Also the Coop fucking rocks, I've been playing it a lot more than BF3 fwiw.
Seriously normally I am one of the people who complains that the first movie / game / book / album etc. was a lot better, and it is correct for Dragon Age 2 for example, but Mass Effect isn't getting worse, it's just changing a little, and it's one of those cases where it is done right. I love old-school RPGs, and ME definitely isn't one but it is exactly the game it is supposed to be (a fucking space opera :lol: ). Some people won't like it, that's okay, but it is the best game series ever for me and I played shitloads of games.

Miraculously, I put this on my Gamefly queue and they sent it right out yesterday. I guess it'll be here tomorrow, definitely stoked!

Ok, the lameness of Harbinger and TermiReaper I can't dispute - but I guess I was really able to dismiss 'em because the supporting characters were so interesting and richly-developed, not to mention varied but believable (Thane, Legion, and Mordin being my standout faves, but they're all fantastic), as were the individual plots surrounding them - and I'm pretty sure those missions were the majority of the game! (rather than the "main story" of the Collectors/Reapers). Not like I'm complaining of course, cuz the end result was so damned effective IMO :D

Thanks for a spirited (and civil) debate btw! :wave:

No problem man civil disagreement is fun, :D

I finished the game yesterday.. wow. Incredible game, I enjoyed every second of it, allthough it was a little short. I did every side mission I could find, made sure to talk to all crew members and strolled through the Citadel after every mission and it still only took around 30 hours. Not going to spoil the ending(s), but there's a major shitstorm happening because most fans are very disappointed with them (a poll on Bioware's forum hat 87% of the people saying they hated the end, and there were 15,955 voters). Not sure what I think about the ending yet, what I do know is the endings are too close and all the choices you made in ME1+2 don't really matter. Also there are some logical mistakes and it fails to explain a number of things. Can't really say any more or I'll spoil the game, but I wish the epilogue was longer and more detailled.

Haha you're always bugged by the sound in videogames, huh? ;) But yeah now that you mention it, some scenes were really loud and then others like dialogues, background noises on the Citadel etc. too quiet. The worst part is using the mass relays, they are just insanely loud and scared the shit out of me everytime (I play with headphones). I am not in the game right now, but afair you can change the dynamic range in the menu? I thought that was pretty neat, and I imagine it will even out the crass differences. I like the idea that there actually is a dynamic range though, unlike in most other games where a flying butterfly and an exploding atomic bomb have the same loudness :lol:

Oh and what I forgot to say regarding the ending of ME3: "The jorney is the reward"
So although most choices aren't reflected in the way the game can end, they have a big influence on the whole game experience, and you will meet many people from part 1+2 and see the consequences of your actions in those games. By the way, ME3 is the first game ever that made me nearly cry several times throughout the game, and most of all it is officially the first game that made me actually cry, heh.

Yeah, I feel like a bit of a knob for saying it, but I would like to have conversations at a reasonably loud volume without having to turn the volume down every time I use a mass relay.
I've tried changing the dynamic range setting to low, hopefully it makes a difference.

Yeah, it's vital to get play them in order imo.
It's a trilogy, so it's one storyline, and it's a story based game.

I'd say it's worth it, if your a fan of sci-fi to any degree I'd say yes, definitely.

Ahahahahahahahaha I can't stop laughing :lol:
----SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU HAVEN'T YET FINISHED MASS EFFECT 3 OR PLAN TO PLAY THE MASS EFFECT SERIES SOME DAY ----

Again, do not watch this video if you haven't finished ME3. Huge spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished the game yesterday.. wow. Incredible game, I enjoyed every second of it, allthough it was a little short. I did every side mission I could find, made sure to talk to all crew members and strolled through the Citadel after every mission and it still only took around 30 hours. Not going to spoil the ending(s), but there's a major shitstorm happening because most fans are very disappointed with them (a poll on Bioware's forum hat 87% of the people saying they hated the end, and there were 15,955 voters). Not sure what I think about the ending yet, what I do know is the endings are too close and all the choices you made in ME1+2 don't really matter. Also there are some logical mistakes and it fails to explain a number of things. Can't really say any more or I'll spoil the game, but I wish the epilogue was longer and more detailled.

There's always that crowd of fans that will never be satisfied with whatever ending they had made for it, such huge hype came before this game so I kind of expected it anyway. That said, I'm only just now installing it so I have not experienced the game yet. I say, it's Bioware's story, so I'll respect their chosen end to their storyline.

Been playing for a while now, I think this game is a good balance between the item management systems of the first two games, although I am weird and like the first game's the best of all three. They made Ashley hot, or at least better than the last one, ugh. Loving those combat moves and the melee. Still needs better facial animations though. And it seems like the Normandy is actually smaller than it was in ME2. Found this funny little glitch (left hand is backwards):

masseffect%20funy%20hand.jpg

Didn't take long to find another one (uhhhh, the computer is behind you):

masseffect%20funy%20direction.jpg