Massamiliano

Devin04

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
gee, i hope i spelled his name right.....

Let's talk about him! Maybe about how he got rid of his curly hair for short hair, which i think looks cool. Or maybe some of his excellent guitar work, like the nottetempo solo. Or maybe how he's written some of Novembre's more happier songs like come pierrot when he is a mean looking guy.

Yeah he seems to be a bit of a virtuosa on the ol' guitar. It is interesting that he wrote songs like come pierrot and my starving bambina which both seem to be more cheerfull, (or at least have more cheerfull parts)

I wonder if he is a happier person, haha.

And the hair? Maybe some hot girl was at his house and was all "hey Im going to give you a haircut" and he was too bewildered and weakened by her hotness to say no and then BAM, all his hair is gone.

Not sure on that theory, haha. At least that's why my hair is short now :(

@ Devin04
:zombie: MASSAMILIANO:guh: !

@ Erishkigal
Nice theory. I think you're right :heh:
Well, musically/technically is a very talented guy. I'm completely enchanted when I hear/see him playing' live. I'm so happy that he's again together with the magic Orlando Bros.
I need new smilies playing guitar, drums and bass...

Definitely an elemental and equally strong link in this chain known as Novembre!

Now with his hair short he barely looks angry! I think from the Caserta bootleg one can tell he looks very lifeful / cheerful. At least, I had that impression. He's an awesome guitar player. It's quite rare to see a guy who's so oriented to the prog/virtuosos scenes and plays in a prog death/doom metal band which doesn't provide a lot of outlets to speed up solos like those of Nottetempo and Tales from a Winter to Come. I wish more people were like him in this thinking. Most of the virtuosos wannabes I know (not just guitar players) have an ego that's the size of the world and only play on bands where they can do enough show off with 200 bpm note shootings and such.

I surely hope he writes more Novembre music (provided it continues to come as good as the ones he already wrote, which I believe will happen again) however, I do prefer Carmelo to write the songs himself, because he's the one putting the voice in it and he knows the direction. Wouldn't want to sacrifice the vocals for new breeze of fresh music written by Massimiliano, which, so far, hasn't happened (gladly!)

:kickass: Massimiliano

erishkigal said:
It is interesting that he wrote songs like come pierrot and my starving bambina which both seem to be more cheerfull, (or at least have more cheerfull parts)

are you kidding?come pierrot is very sad.

I interpreted come pierrot not as sad in fact,,,
to me it is sublime,,, like being submersed, every sense being appealed to at once. You can take those feelings where you want and I took them to sensations evokative of say being bathed in sunlight,,, maybe you didnt.

Come Pierrot is minor musically. It definitely is not at all happy. If you read the lyrics, though, it's sort of a love song to the moon. HOWEVER, if the lyrics were removed it would not be happy by any stretch of the imagination.

A lot of Novembre's music sounds happy to me now. But then again I listen to gay shitty suicidal black metal. gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Come Pierrot is not sad in a sense that say, child of the twilight is. It's alot more upbeat, and although in Db minor, it doesn't make it sad. It might be sad in a way that is just sad, but it is definetly not depressing. I just think the lead is really happy.

Also, I'm not one to discourage discussion, but could someone please say something else about Massimilano?

Check out Massimilano's former band, Oceana, they were really close to Novembre and one riff of the songs of their mcd went later to be on Tales From A Winter To Come... you can find a copy of it on eBay... very recommended