Master Bus chain

I don't mix with anything on my master bus because I'm not goddamn crazy.

i never used to, either, but started to on my latest project

i found it's a lot easier to make adjustments to shit when knowing what the 2-buss is processing is doing to the sound

i would never do this to something that i was sending out to a 3rd party mastering facility...but for something that i'm handling beginning to end, i'll be setting up the mastering chain while mixing from now on!

It varies....but for my current project I'm using a Finalizer and Biamp dual graphic eq. My last project, I employed a pair of Urei LA'4s and the Biamp as the band had more of a '3 Doors Down' type vibe. It worked pretty good. But I wouldn't use the LA4's for metal.:err:

multi mono AC1 (SSL saturation)
G Dynamics (mcdsp) in a pseudo SSL emulation
Oxford EQ with GML

Spectrum analyser.

After a mix is done I add DUY tape/duy wide and 1 or 2 instances of event horizon depending on the volume I need....

Last project was:

Digi EQ
T-racks Opto Comp
T-racks Clipper
T-racks Multiband Limiter
Massey L2007 Limiter

Nothing taking more than 1-2dB off, came out loud as fuck without sounding overly squashed.

Also had good results with Waves API 2500 and Waves SSL Comp,

What are you Ozone dudes using it for, eq, multiband, the exiter ?? I just got this plug and Im not finding any of the presets very usefull.

You're not supposed to find the presets useful.

You're supposed to do the stuff yourself.

As per your question, I use everything except the EQ and multiband.

You're not supposed to find the presets useful.

You're supposed to do the stuff yourself.

No I know you don't plug in presets and expect magic, Im only sort of a noob lol, but i find that when they supply a zillion presets generally one of them comes off as a bit of a starting point and Im just not hearing that. Right now im just trying to add a little sparkle to a mix and im seeing alot of people with eq in the master chain, just curious about general tactics with ozone

just the opposite here, i only use the maximizer and a touch of eq/multiband. ozones eq and multiband work in a really specific and unexplainable way, sometimes for me it's the best way to combat a failed car test when i thought my mix was perfect. although i must say the multi-band is DEADLY and needs to be used only incredibly sparingly, or else things get mangled really fast.

i'd probably use the exciters/wideners if i had a better idea of....well, how to use them...haha...or the desired effect i was looking for.

lots of guys have said in different threads that some bigger-name mastering engineers will use the maximizer, if any ozone at all, in chain with other things.