Mixing limiter?

Glue? But you said that you take it off when the mix is done. I figured that we were talking about limiting as a sort of a 'transient checker', to make sure that transients will not be lost/squashed after mastering, not as an integral part of the mix? I was more interested in that.

Glue? But you said that you take it off when the mix is done. I figured that we were talking about limiting as a sort of a 'transient checker', to make sure that transients will not be lost/squashed after mastering, not as an integral part of the mix? I was more interested in that.

Well it is for level checking of course and transient checking (though i dont have a problem with that personally) It is just a way to not get any level surprises when it has been send to the mastering studio. You know when everthying sounds good premastered and after the mastering you go like WTF where did the snare go, or omg where is the vocals etc

And i always thought that when a mix is limited nicely (not overly squashed like it is in general) you get allot of benefits from it. Glue is one of those benefits.

It is just a way to not get any level surprises when it has been send to the mastering studio. You know when everthying sounds good premastered and after the mastering you go like WTF where did the snare go, or omg where is the vocals etc
Yeah, I was talking about that too. Never had problems with preserving the vocal levels tho, just with the snare. Then I learned what useful tool clippers can be! :)

And i always thought that when a mix is limited nicely (not overly squashed like it is in general) you get allot of benefits from it. Glue is one of those benefits.
Personally, I use gently The Glue :)D) for this, when I do it. Don't like limiters for that purpose.

I usually don't mix through any limiters. Only thing I may have on the master is VCC Mixbuss and VTM. I do have a compressor and limiter there to turn on to reference to, but they usually get turned right back off. Overall mix levels are usually around -12 to -18 db, so I usually just turn up my volume knob since its obviously not at a decent listening level.

If I'm using sub-groups/busses for drums, guitars, vocal, etc....I will probably have compressors there to help with peaks or whatnot.