Bulb/Tesseract snare smack- comp/limiter q?

I don't think their snare types would work for my music but I'd love to know how he gets is sounding so meaty and powerful.

I've tried every compressor g/clip / limiter setting in different combos and my snares sound ok but don't have any power. I don't think Bulb will divulging any info on how he does it either as it's "his sound".

I don't think their snare types would work for my music but I'd love to know how he gets is sounding so meaty and powerful.

I've tried every compressor g/clip / limiter setting in different combos and my snares sound ok but don't have any power. I don't think Bulb will divulging any info on how he does it either as it's "his sound".

Haha, no I emailed him a while back about his DFHS sound and he was a little reticent to share anything too detailed. :p

Yea i tried to ask bulb a few times about his snare/drum sound and he did not share much at all. Nothing helpful anyway....

Wow..finally tried this Parallel Compression and it actually works awesome. :lol:

I find to fatten the snare to get it smacking you reduce the attack. or increase it...depending onhow you look at it...I find if it's too fast at like 0.5 I get no smack and thump...I reduce and bring it up to like 20.0...and in comes the phatness.

bulb don't use parallel compression.
you can reach that punch sound using only eq and compressor(Waves Rcomp is great for bulb-snare)