Some tips from Chris Lord-Alge...

also- when, why, and how would you use delay on drums? never even thought of trying that? it seems weird?

[UEAK]Clowd;9354506 said:
also- when, why, and how would you use delay on drums? never even thought of trying that? it seems weird?

I thought so, too, but at the Waves clinic he did, when showing us his sig plugs,he used this and used Led Zeppelin as a reference. He used the delay to kind of get a pseudo shuffle beat out of the drums, which with room mics and the general sound of Led Zep drums, it was actually pretty close. It was pretty killer and effective. It sounded more like a delayed room mic than anything, though.

I used to use delay on the room mics to add ambience..about 20ms and bam, instant depth. Steve Albini used this a lot on his stuff.

Btw, tried bussing the bass to distortion, chorus and maxxbass, and yeah, it works like a charm. I used to use chorus on bass, don't know why I stopped ths.

im using his exact same 2 bus with exact same settings for metal only work here with great results. thx, CLA!

"Every CLA plugin/part of the plugin is based upon actual hardware units he owns, period." -lolzgreg
thats untrue and marketing BS, theres not a sound in the cla series of plugins that you cant recreate with existing waves plugins.

im using his exact same 2 bus with exact same settings for metal only work here with great results. thx, CLA!

"Every CLA plugin/part of the plugin is based upon actual hardware units he owns, period." -lolzgreg
thats untrue and marketing BS, theres not a sound in the cla series of plugins that you cant recreate with existing waves plugins.

Calling out a long-time member for your first post in a necro-thread...Good call.