Mastering in the UK

So right now I'm down to record an album that will more than likely be released on a decent label. I can't really say too much as nothing is signed but basically the advance being offered for the band (it being their first full length) is pretty small and we are looking for somewhere for it to be mastered.

The Cutting Room in Sweden seems like a good choice although I haven't checked out prices yet. Does anyone know of any other good mastering engineers that should be able to work on a small budget?

The guy at Tailor Maid used to work at Cutting Room before he started his own thing. They're both good.

http://cuttingroom.se/index2.php?s=0&p=&lang=2

Unfortunately, Tailor Maid has a page in Swedish only.

I believe the guy at Tailor Maid did some stuff for Meshuggah and Dimmu - you are probably one of the people better positioned to comment on it but is it Peter in de Betou who mastered their stuff? Which albums?

I also read (I think on Gearslutz) that he uploads the WAV's to FTP, although this could have been a cheaper alternative.

Out of curiosity when a label receives a master, what else do they expect to have? This is the first big job for me, so I'm kind of unsure of what to expect. I have read through the contract and it gives an idea, but at the same time I'm guessing there is a standard set of stuff to send through with the master. I vaguely remember James commenting on it a while back, but I'm having trouble finding it and I can't remember how related it was.

Cheers guys

I believe the guy at Tailor Maid did some stuff for Meshuggah and Dimmu - you are probably one of the people better positioned to comment on it but is it Peter in de Betou who mastered their stuff? Which albums?

I also read (I think on Gearslutz) that he uploads the WAV's to FTP, although this could have been a cheaper alternative.

Out of curiosity when a label receives a master, what else do they expect to have? This is the first big job for me, so I'm kind of unsure of what to expect. I have read through the contract and it gives an idea, but at the same time I'm guessing there is a standard set of stuff to send through with the master. I vaguely remember James commenting on it a while back, but I'm having trouble finding it and I can't remember how related it was.

Cheers guys

depends on the label, sometimes some extras like voiceover (hehe) etc, but almost always ISRC-Codes (nowadays) and definitely a PQ-List (start and ending times, crossfades, resolution etc), feel free to PM me for an example of such list...