Mastering quality of the new album.

C

Charles

Managed to pick the new album up Saturday at HMV, and while I think it's a great album (Nevermore being my fav metal band), the masternig quality is horrible! It really does sound like a copy from a tape, or a low quality mp3, or even like radio.

It is really, really poor. Like they recorded with a blanket over top of all the mics.

Charles said:
Managed to pick the new album up Saturday at HMV, and while I think it's a great album (Nevermore being my fav metal band), the masternig quality is horrible! It really does sound like a copy from a tape, or a low quality mp3, or even like radio.

It is really, really poor. Like they recorded with a blanket over top of all the mics.

I heard the same thing from someone else. They said the pre mixed version of EoR was/is totally fucking killer. :cool:

dude, the we all got the same cd. As for all you guys that DLed it early I don't know about that. The thing that bothers me was that Andy Sneap didn't do the album because it would definately woulda sounded better. The album could sound alot better. I Thought that the Nevey's went and re-mastered it before releasing it because they weren't satisfied with what Kelly Grey (I think that is his name) did with the record. So what I'm hypothosising is that all the early mp3's that were pirated by all you fuckers who can't wait for any thing where what was originally recorded and that the released album was remastered for some reason.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
yeh, but its ok!

Not really. All the songs but Noumenon are fantastic, but the mastering really detracts from them. Especially after how we were spoiled with the quality of DHIADW....blanket or cardboard fits perfectly.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
the album is heavier than DH and the production is rawer that's ok....!

Raw does not make it heavier or better. It makes it sound like a retro throwback from the early 80's, which is fine if you have an album that was actually made in the 80's.

Also in the song Create The Infinite, are you sure he is saying "Count another Seven"? Sounds like "Count to number seven" to me.
Then again, all that "rawness" going on.....

you are right about the lyrics...haha...actually i figured alot of them wrong...

i didnt say the raw production makes the cd better but it's not totally unfitting,,,i can accept it. i'd rather critize the short play time than the production....

I agree with you about the short play time vs the mastering. But then again, they supposedly had such a small small budget to work with, and time costs too. I just don't understand why Century Media did not give them sufficient enough funds to work with Sneap again, considering that Nevermore has always been consistent in songwriting, made a breakthrough with DNB and even more so with DHIADW.
Even if they were leaving the label, there is still no excuse for a band with generally as high stands that they have, to release such a shoddy mix.

Sonqwriting on the other hand is just as killer and I cannot complain about any of the actual songs. But then again, I do not count Noumenon as a song...just noise.

hehe...but cool noise...i like noumenon,,,,it's the cilldown before seed awakening...

the century media guys are total dickheads...do you have the limited thing? i mean the jewelcase is cool, but hey what's the point of just adding a DVD with thee videoclips and two livevids which have been all released before? i hope nevermore sign by nuclear blast and tour with meshuggah..that'd be kickass.