Mastering quality of the new album.

Speaking of that release...was that "plus one", the disc they released with the "Love Bites" remake? That song is actually what got me into Nevermore...it was on a Priest Tribute album. When I heard that song I was blown away and listened to it over and over and over.
Best cover/remake of a song in metal period....even surpasses the origional.
Sound of Silence isn't really a remake..totally different music, just same lyrics.

the love bites cover is on the believe in nothing single...on it you'll find Sound of silence, the believe in nothing video and an edited version of the song, love bites and all the cowards hide, a leftover track from the DNB session which rules imo.

on the limited EoR version youll find the videoclip for believe in nothin, next in line and what tomorrow knows and live vids of engines of hate and beyond within!

all the cowards hide, a leftover track from the DNB session which rules imo.

Very much so. I thought I had all the Nevermore songs, and then one day I heard this song on my friends computer and was like "where the hell did this come from???" It reminds me a bit of a cross between Posion God machine and Beyond Within. (PGM btw is my all time fav Nevermore Song).

Also reminds me of a song that would fit better on Nevermore or In Memory more though due to the chorus and the way he also builds tension with his "manipulation hating" lines.

The fuckers at the local CD store didn´t have the limited edition!!! :cry:

So I bougt the normal edition but perhaps I´ll buy the limited edition too if I find it somewhere...
BTW, it doesn´t sound as bad as I had expected. I think you can get used to the sound quality if you listen to it a bit more.

yeah, their cover of Love Bites rules. Chances Three is also a really awesome acoustic song with some pretty deep lyrics.

Unregistered2 said:
Not really. All the songs but Noumenon are fantastic, but the mastering really detracts from them. Especially after how we were spoiled with the quality of DHIADW....blanket or cardboard fits perfectly.

Yeah. Like everyone else, I love the album, but it sounds like I got a radio rip instead of an actual cd. Had I known the quality was going to be so poor, I could have downloaded mp3s ages ago and been listening for a while, but instead I like high quality, so I wait for the album and what do I get?

Bleh.

I'm disappointed too. Not that I'm the biggest Nevermore fan on the planet, but I expected something on par with DHIADW. This isn't even on par with a Megadeth record from the mid-80s. Bought the limited edition, by the way.

All the Cowards Hide was a leftover from PoE, and it is an excellent song. I actually made a CDR of PoE and put All the Cowards Hide on it, mwa ha ha.

All the Cowards Hide, Chances Three, and Love Bites (I disagree with others, I hated this song) are available on the Believe In Nothing single or on the boxed version of DHIADW.

I don't like Priest. I understand what they did and appreciate them, I just don't like them (Maiden blows them away any how). But every Priest cover i've heard fucking rocks. Love Bites was done perfectly by the Neverboys, it's better than the original, kinda like most black sabbath covers.

All the Cowards Hide was a leftover from PoE
Hope you meant DNB.....because even without background info on the song, you can tell it was recorded during the DNB sessions. It just has that DNB sound all the way around.

The Real Moonchild said:
Well DH is still they're best work. I was hoping for some development of their sound and music. And that production is just bad. though not as bad as STanger.

I'm a DNB fan. But as far as EoR, I believe the music advanced quite nicely. It's just poor production (well, maybe not production but the mix sucks). Actually the guitar sound on this one is better than on DHiaDW I feel. It's just that this Kelly dude seems to have forgotten that Jeff isn't the only member of the band. The drums are mixed low (esp the cymbals), vocals are difficult to hear at times and the bass isn't all that good (when you can hear it).

And BTW, this has nothing to do with mastering. It's mostly the mix.