Masterpiece?

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
That's it, I'm going on the record on this one.....

I know some of you have had lukewarm responses to this, some haven't liked it, and most haven't even heard it.....but.....

Celtic Frost's Monotheist is a modern metal masterpiece in my eyes. So heavy it's beautfiul. Brutal and accessible at the same time. Once you get into its groove....I think any metalhead may find it brilliant, unless of course is it just purely not your cup of tea generally speaking.

I'm telling ya....Monotheist is one of the records people will be praising for years to come. I hope you all give it a chance. It's a monster.

I've already ranted here about Vanden Plas' new disc, but this one is another serious contender for album of the year.

For what it's worth, I was never a huge fan before. Just middle of the road at best. This one is too much though. Archetypal heavy metal. Completely eerie....just oozes along like one long, extremely grand song.

I like it very much except for those songs with the lady singing, too much Gothic/New Wave sounding there for my taste. But still, even with these songs a very good record, no doubt. I hope they sound kinda like this end May, when Hawk and me are going to see Frost alive !!

Yeah, I'm going to see them too. The woman doesn't bug me, but that's because she reminds me of Lisa Gerrard from Dead Can Dance a bit, whom I dig. Still, I think it just moves along as one big incantation/lament of a ritualistic songy thing. Haha. Seriously. Rules. Looking forward to the (far away date) show!

carnut said:
I like it very much except for those songs with the lady singing, too much Gothic/New Wave sounding there for my taste.

Actually those are the songs I did like :lol:, especially becuase they remind me of 'Tristesses de la Lune' which is a seriously underrated CF song IMO, full of angst and melancholy.

I may give the album another spin, but I stated before it's not my cup of tea.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I wasn't even planning on checking it out. Never was much of a CF fan. But I have seen alot of praise for this album so I might have to go in search of a couple mp3s to sample.

NP: Jorn - Worldchanger

If you want I can send them via e-mail like last time ;)