Mastodon - Crack the Skye

the shows are even better, I highly recommend seeing them on this leg if you still can.

crack the skye gets played in full, with no interruptions (except for guitar changes) with trippy videos behind them. then they take a 5 min break, and play about 8-9 more songs (some shows are getting hearts alive too, depending on venue curfew). philly show had an amazing crowd, mastodon had them in the palm of their hands.

only bad thing is that scott kelly isn't on the tour with them, but troy does a pretty good job of handing kelly's lines as well as his own.

^ I had trouble finding people to go with me to the NYC show so I missed out on getting tickets. The ones being sold now are like 60 a pop, so there's no way I will get to see them on this tour, but like you said, I heard they're incredible.

I love this album by the way. From Oblivion to The Last Baron its near perfection, not a filler track in the album, and it all blends together so well. The Czar is definitely my favorite, the most prog track on the record without any boring parts. I love all of Mastodon's records, but this one was an instant winner. Blood Mountain took a little bit to grow on me, same with Leviathan.

I ordered the deluxe 2LP 45rmp vinyl a couple days ago, I can't wait to spin that at ear crushing volumes when it finally comes.