Mastodon

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
Anyone heard their new album? One of the songs is on Terrorizer's cover cd this month and it's great - it stops half way through for a hillbilly type ukele on guitar moment, then goes back to the riff! :tickled: Yeah, that sounds shit but it's a good song.
So what's the rest of the album like? :Spin:

Both Banjos and Mandolins are used frequntly in bluegrass and the like... but in the case... its probably a banjo. CRUACHAN ALL THE WAY

TakinTheMusicBack said:
:lol: If you insist on being pedantic, at least get your facts right - like AnonymousNick said, I think I meant banjo.

:Smug:
I was in a bluegrass band before my metal one, I know what the fuck I am talking about. A traditional Bluegrass band consists of acoustic guitar, banjo, Dobro(acoustic steel played using a raised bridge and a bar tuned to "open" G), "stand up" Bass, and mandolin. Since a mandolin is somewhat similar to a ukelele(a mandolin has eight strings paired in two, each pair of strings is tuned the same, about the same size as a ukelele and I think each instrument is played in the same tuning.) I assumed you meant mandolin, since ukelele are very rarely used in any type of country, if at all. Also, a fiddle is usually in there as well. All participants (well, most) sing a vocal part, either in harmony with the rest of the band or alone.

Like I said, since a mandolin and ukelele are very similur instruments, I assumed you meant mandolin.

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Cryptkeeper said:
Nothing to do with Mastodon, but while we're talking about bluegrass, I would like to say that Bill Monroe is the master of the mandolin.
He is the master of anything bluegrass. Flatt & Skruggs(sp.-forgot after all these years!) Are also up there and, in my opinion, are bad ass.