Mastodon

• Thread starter dirty_fu$$ing_old_bastard
  • Start date
Firstly, I heart teh Mah vewy, very, vewy much, but ... Leviathan is fucking godlike.

Secondly ... okay, wtf is "metalcore" ... is iy something like "mallcore"? Because I'm assuming that something having metal as its core influence/sound would be something worth listening to, but ... I guess everyone's just become so sick of everything being defined as "hard/emo/screamo/mall/thrash/sXe-core, that the root word "core" is just what makes a band suck now?

a very basic description of metalcore would be: metal with hardcore breakdowns, and a lot of times, hardcore style vocals. and yeh, the instant dismissal and hatred of anything with a -core tag on it by metalheads is rampant. the majority of -core bands do suck (but really, the majority of bands suck anyway), but to not even give something a chance becuase some idiot says its metalcore is just ignorant. they dont all sound like KSE!

Lamb of God = straight up metal
Killswitch Engage = teetering between metal and metalcore
Atreyu = metalcore

dead_fetus said:
How about you grow up and quit acting like a child?
inconceivable.jpg

AH HA HA HA AH HA HA HA , Eh HA HA * stops abruptly and falls over dead*

ANd I like Killswitch :D Rose Of Sharyn rocks ass, and so does ELEMENT of ONE

dead_fetus said:
Lamb of God = straight up metal
Killswitch Engage = teetering between metal and metalcore
Atreyu = metalcore

Atreyu use to be OC hardcore punk, My personal opinion is they are pretty much posers, they didnt start doing the metal thing till they got on VIctory records. They are weak. Now their doing the New England Metal fest and thats just sad. Along with Bleeding through. Ehh I wish those guys would go away . LOve lost in a hail of gunfire is a cool title and their only decent song. Lamb Of god is that band I want to like but their albums never keep my interest long. 11th Hour is a great song. I love Killswitch so nuff said.

MASTODONs MARCH OF THE FIRE ANTS rocks ass. I like them well enough. Not enough to go out and buy a cd but enough to listen to them. Blood and Thunder is good also. Just not my syle of music but they are a really good band.

neal said:
a very basic description of metalcore would be: metal with hardcore breakdowns, and a lot of times, hardcore style vocals. and yeh, the instant dismissal and hatred of anything with a -core tag on it by metalheads is rampant. the majority of -core bands do suck (but really, the majority of bands suck anyway), but to not even give something a chance becuase some idiot says its metalcore is just ignorant. they dont all sound like KSE!
Thank you, professor neal.

IMPORTANT NOTE:--This order is determined by albums currently reviewed on UMR. The lists may change in the future, as more albums from each year are reviewed.
Again, only albums which are reviewed may get ranked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Albums: 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.0--Wolf--Evil Star
9.0--Hellfueled--Volume 1
9.0--Feinstein--Third Wish
8.7--Iced Earth--The Glorious Burden
8.7--Nightwish--Once
8.7--Impellitteri--Pedal to the Metal
8.7--Tesla--Into the Now
8.6--Dream Evil--The Book of Heavy Metal
8.6--Exodus--Tempo of the Damned
8.6--Blaze--Blood and Belief
8.5--Saxon--Lionheart
8.5--W.A.S.P.--The Neon God Part 2: The Demise
8.5--Cans--Beyond the Gates
8.5--Primal Fear--Devil's Ground
8.5--Iron Savior--Battering Ram
8.4--Frontline--The Seventh Sign
8.4--Megadeth--The System Has Failed
8.4--Derek Sherinian--Mythology
8.4--Metal Church--The Weight of the World
8.4--Symphorce--Twice Second
8.4--Magnitude 9--Decoding the Soul
8.3--Pink Cream 69--Thunderdome
8.3--Probot--Probot
8.3--Black Label Society--Hangover Music Vol. 1
8.2--In Flames--Soundtrack to Your Escape
8.2--Nocturnal Rites--New World Messiah
8.2--Force of Evil--Force of Evil
8.2--Warrior--The War of Gods and Men
8.2--Beyond the Embrace--Insect Song
8.2--Damageplan--New Found Power
8.0--Dio--Master of the Moon

1. Mastadon = winnar

2. I've tried and tried to make a correlation between "core" and various core genres and in conclusion... there is none. One could say being core means it is the essence or the basis, but that's really not fitting. However, I love grindcore, mathcore, and a tiny bit of hardcore {crust) not this trendy western shit that drives teenagers to wearing eyeliner, tight shirts, and girls pants.

3.Atreyu is screamo Kev :p (btw, I've reconsidered, but I get to name our children)

Oh, and not to offend anyone's taste but I absolutely cannot stand Lamb of God.