Mastodon

They're awesome. Get Blood Mountain it's their best album.

Remission is cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Mastodon. I got into them when their first album came out so i manage to get some stuff that i could sell for quite a lot of money, especially in more years to come. Crack The Skye is great, every album has been a natural progression from one to the next, you have to hear it for yourselves from the Lifesblood EP right through to Crack The Skye. So in that sense i wouldnt say its a rip off anybody because they've always done their own thing, and gradually changed from each album to the next. Blood Mountain by far is the weakest album. Its good but its got nothing amazing there for me. Leviathan is definatly the album to own.

Best songs to look out for would be Trainwreck, Battle At Sea, Iron Tusk and anything from the new album.

I saw them live, I have a friend who loves them. I just cant see whats so good about them, Im not a fan. havent heard the new one, I might give it a listen, they say its pretty good.

No, hes right. Blood Mountain was unbearable for me, it was too big a departure from Leviathan for my tastes. Haven't been able to look at Mastodon in the same way since, so I'm wary about listening to Crack the Skye.

I have all of their main releases too. I like all of their albums a lot. Very adventurous and yet brutally heavy at the same time in places.

Lifesblood EP
Remission
Leviathan
Call Of The Mastodon EP
Blood Mountain
Crack The Skye

They also have a dvd, The Workhorse Chronicles that might be worth a watch. Also has anyone else heard the song they did for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
fucking bad ass song

house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg