Mastodon

I saw em in Unholy Alliance 3 in Tampere, Finland... They sucked, they were sooo boring...

I saw em again yesterday at Sonisphere in Pori, Finland... They were awesome, I should defenetly look into the studiomaterial.

Blood Mountain and Leviathan are still tops for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're maybe a band you have to hear the earlier stuff first to truely appreciate it as the later stuff (in many opinions) is so good. I have found Crack The Skye the easiest of the lot to listen to and get into and the next for me would be Leviathan. They are all good though. Good band.

Once again, reviving this thread because Mastodon are just fucking awesome. :p

Decided to buy Blood Mountain on a spur of the moment decision, even though I'd never even heard Mastodon before. At first I wasn't too keen on them, but now they're one of my favourite bands. Highly recommend checking out the Workhorse Chronicles DVD too.

Been listening to a lot of them lately. Love 'em to death. Since my brain has been refreshed with Mastodon recently, my favourite songs of theirs are Call of the Mastodon, Deep Sea Creature, Workhorse, Trainwreck, Ol'e Nessie, Trampled Under Hoof, Elephant Man, Where Strides the Behemoth, Trilobite, Mother Puncher, March of the Fire Ants, Megalodon, Seabeast, Naked Burn, Hearts Alive, Iron Tusk, Blood and Thunder, Sleeping Giant, Circle of Cysquatch, Colony of Birchmen, This Mortal Soil, and once again all of Crack the Skye makes the list of my favourites. They don't have a single bad song in my opinion, incredibly awesome band.

I still need to get Leviathan and Remission.... lol. And the live album when i comes out too! My friend on PSN was at that show while it was being recorded! :OMG:

I still need to get Leviathan and Remission.... lol. And the live album when i comes out too! My friend on PSN was at that show while it was being recorded! :OMG:

Get to it!! That'll be wicked, are you sure it's gonna be released as an album?

As Troy Sanders said himself, Mastodon is kind of a religion. You need to believe in their music to get the best listening pleasure. Listening to Mastodon without reading the lyrics is a massive FAIL. I believe in Mastodon and love all of their releases. Leviathan is by far the best album imo.

Crack the Skye is the best album of 2009, and ill still be saying that even when slayer and megadeth have released their new albums. im gutted i cant go watch them play some of it live as im stuck in the studio.

Noticed this comment from Matt

Is he a fuckin soothsayer or something? Well predicted though knowing that Megadeath & SLAYER's new albums would be pants

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

The only album that topped it was Infected Nations in my opinion. Crack the Skye is perfect.

As Troy Sanders said himself, Mastodon is kind of a religion. You need to believe in their music to get the best listening pleasure. Listening to Mastodon without reading the lyrics is a massive FAIL. I believe in Mastodon and love all of their releases. Leviathan is by far the best album imo.

That's one way of putting it. :p Like I said when I first heard them I didn't like them. Then as I got to see the band and what they're about, it made sense. Then I grew to love them. I'd have to agree that Leviathan is the best, just great. My favourites tend to change often though. :p

2009 has been a fucking great year just for Infected Nations and Crack the Skye alone. Two of my absolute favourite albums have been released this year. :kickass: