Mastodon

Yeh its propper exciting waiting for this soundtrack! And im sure the film will be good because of the music alone. I still dont have the first DVD because ive always been so skint.

Agreed 100% :p Oh man, it's great! There's an especially tasty performance of Mother Puncher if you haven't seen it already. Definitely worth buying whenever you're un-skint. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What? Why?

I should have added "in my opinion" at the end... :)

As to why I just cant hang with any of those albums, they are just not appealing to my ears. When I was first introduced to them, I was listening to Lifesblood day in and day out of my high school years. Shit was amazing. Remission came out strong and so did Leviathan. To me, everything after seemed luke warm.

If you guys like em, more power to you.

Opinion or not, to say that Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are pure garbage isn't really a fair statement. I can understand those albums may not be to your tastes, but Crack the Skye especially deserves respect as a very solid album. I look at it as respect should be given where it's due. For example, I do not like Lady Gaga's music, at all, but it's obvious she's good at what she does whether it appeals to me or not (which it most definitely does not :p).

But hey, that's just my opinion and I totally get that you don't like those albums. Fair enough too, they're quite different from the early material (and from each other, for that matter), and everyone's different! It'd be pretty shitty if we were all clones. :loco:

Mastodon sound different if you whack Lifesblood one and then Crack The Skye. Thing is each album has been a natural progression... So it's been easy for the longtime fans to adapt. And Crack The Skye has just blown most peoples minds. Can't wait to see what happens next with this Jonah Hex stuff and obviously a new album. I'm sorta hoping they go more rock. I know they'll still have that Mastodon sound anyway, so we'll see!

It's nice to see a band progress like they do. I started to get into Mastodon when Remission and Lifesblood were out. I just remember being so excited about Leviathan which was just amazing.

Bloody hell i love Mastodon.

I don't think there's any other topic that makes me wanna listen to a band this much! :lol:

Mastodon - Island

Opinion or not, to say that Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are pure garbage isn't really a fair statement. I can understand those albums may not be to your tastes, but Crack the Skye especially deserves respect as a very solid album. I look at it as respect should be given where it's due. For example, I do not like Lady Gaga's music, at all, but it's obvious she's good at what she does whether it appeals to me or not (which it most definitely does not :p).

But hey, that's just my opinion and I totally get that you don't like those albums. Fair enough too, they're quite different from the early material (and from each other, for that matter), and everyone's different! It'd be pretty shitty if we were all clones. :loco:

I understand what you are saying, but we just look at these situations differently. I value your opinion as much as I value my own, and neither is neccesarily wrong or right, its just like you said, we are different. :)

Neurosis > Cowert Chads.
Agreed.

I think there's some really strange stuff. Like theres some stuff that isn't listenable. Like the tape experiments. But theres some stuff that is just fantastic. I live Scott and Steve. Have you heard A Storm of Light yet? The visual artist Josh Graham, it's his band. First album amazes me still. Don't own the second yet.

I think there's some really strange stuff. Like theres some stuff that isn't listenable. Like the tape experiments. But theres some stuff that is just fantastic. I live Scott and Steve. Have you heard A Storm of Light yet? The visual artist Josh Graham, it's his band. First album amazes me still. Don't own the second yet.

Fuck yeah, And We Wept The Black Ocean Within! :headbang:

I have the instrumentals off of Crack The Skye, got them when I ordered that special edition version of the album that came in the black album case. If you listen to purely the instrumentals, sans vocals, the album takes on a whole different dynamic.