Mastodon

Wish I could catch them on tour. Waiting in great anticipation for the new DVD, whenever the hell it's going to be released.

bkahgfdeorirpttr[otrp[gogmntktykgkertlrt;r;

Blood Mountain was the weakest i supose. But i still love it. Mastodon are in the top 5 favourite bands for me and pretty much always have been.

Crack The Skye is mind blowing. I bought that album and put it on in my car and drove about country lanes listening to it and it was so enjoyable... Ahh i miss last summer. I'll be doing the same this year but probably with the Jonah Hex soundtrack blasting ;)

Lifesblood (Or the reissue Call of the Mastodon) is still a personal favourite of mine for the band.

Maybe they'll top it one day? Got a new Mastodon out soon anyway... Well a soundtrack. But they've done the whole soundtrack to Jonah Hex. Bring on Megan Fox and Mastodon! Can't wait to buy the soundtrack for it.

That's awesome man, cheers for posting! I'm also really interested to see what they do with the Jonah Hex soundtrack.

Mastodon are the band of this generation as far as I'm concerned. Actually they're one of my favourite bands of all time. I agree with Crack the Skye being looked back upon as a classic along the lines of Master of Puppets, no doubt.

*Insert more Mastodon worship here*

Sadly, the first 2 records are not available on spotify, so I can't really check them out.

Have checked out Blood Mountain and was not impessed. But that was 4 months ago and my taste changes fast:p Should give it another go soon...

Sadly, the first 2 records are not available on spotify, so I can't really check them out.

Have checked out Blood Mountain and was not impessed. But that was 4 months ago and my taste changes fast:p Should give it another go soon...

Youtube?

The first time I heard them was when I heard Blood Mountain and I initially had the same reaction as you. I'd say Blood Mountain is their weakest, but it's still a good album once you get Mastodon and what they're about. Try Crack the Skye, it's absolutely flawless.

I'd say Blood Mountain is their weakest, but it's still a good album once you get Mastodon and what they're about..

This. I heard Mastodon when Remission came out. So back then it was even stranger to me because I was pretty young. And that album is just insane! I couldn't get over how good the drumming was back then haha.

Youtube?

The first time I heard them was when I heard Blood Mountain and I initially had the same reaction as you. I'd say Blood Mountain is their weakest, but it's still a good album once you get Mastodon and what they're about. Try Crack the Skye, it's absolutely flawless.

Then again, this is a good start:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vf3VzVbrXU&feature=related[/ame]

:lol:

And indeed! Remission is insane. Brann is one of my absolute favourite drummers. Awesome guys, the lot of them. :p I may spontaneously combust in anticipation for the Jonah Hex score/2005 - 2010 DVD/next album. Arrgghhhh!! :loco: