Mastodon

Great band!
In my opinion, Colony of Birchmen, and Oblivion are their best songs. I've yet to get "Crack the Skye", but will definitely do so when I get a chance.

"And i said you better start those eggs better... im fed up of eating sloppy slimey eggs!!"

"Ah took the bucher knaafe an held upt her neyck. Ah said "If you wanna liyve ' see 'morrow, you better start fryin 'em eyggs a li'l bit better 'an whut you're fryin 'em, Am tired u' eatin sloppy, slimy eyggs."" :lol:

Fucking classic.

Crack the Skye is the best album of 2009, and ill still be saying that even when slayer and megadeth have released their new albums. im gutted i cant go watch them play some of it live as im stuck in the studio.

I gave it a spin again last night, it is awesome. I did hear a few grumbles about the clean vocals but they have been won over I think. I think they suit the album very well. The guitarist does a lot more singing on this one.

Have to get this thread back up there, 'cause Mastodon is an amazing band, one of my favourites.

Crack the Skye is indeed without a doubt in my mind, the best album this year. Actually it's one of my favourite albums ever. A few of my favourite songs are Trainwreck, March of the Fire Ants, Mother Puncher, Blood and Thunder, Iron Tusk, Sleeping Giant, Circle of Cysquatch, Colony of Birchmen, Hunters of the Sky, and of course all of Crack the Skye is absolutely amazing.

@!

I'd have to agree. Crack the Skye is probably gonna be one of my top 5 albums this year. Along with Wrath..... maybe....

My top album this year is gonna be infected nation. I already know it. Just because of the sick riffage, not even talking about the rest yet.

The best albums this year will be:

Crack The Skye
Endgame
Infected Nations
Dethklok 2

Off the top of my head. The new Iron Maiden was rumoured to come out this year but we don't know anything about that and it'll probably be 2010.