maudlin of the well question

Real Madrid.

But for album recommendations, I say they are (from best to worst):
Leaving Your Body Map
My Fruit Psychobells
Bath

I'm not awake enough to really give good recommendations, but my favorites are "Sleep is a Curse" and "Riseth He, the Numberless." The latter song is actually on 2 consecutive tracks.

"They Aren't All Beautifull" off Bath for serious death-metal butt-kicking that's kept interesting by the complex structure of the song.

"Blight of River-Systems" off My Fruit PsychoBells... for the opposite: sweet (well, maybe a little bitter) pure doom with a transcendent metal coda.

"Gleam in Ranks" off Leaving Your Body Map for heroic, rallying metal (no death vox in this one).

"A Conception Pathetic", both parts of "Riseth He The Numberless"(gotta love doom-metal horns), and "Girl With A Watering Can" are all killer, too. I'd recommend getting the double-set of Bath/Leaving Your Body Map first, and if you like 'em, grab My Fruit PsychoBells...A Seed Combustible.

you seiously can't go wrong with these guys, unless you don't like experimental metal. all their albums are good, its doesn't really matter which one you choose, just pick one. my personal favorite, though, is Leaving Your Body Map. but i hardly like it better than Bath or My Fruit Psychobells...a Seed Combustible, its just the one i'd say if i HAD to pick one...but i prefer them all:D

Continuing the individual song assessments:

The Blue Ghost/Shedding Qliphoth and Monstrously Low Tide - two calm and atmopsheric instrumentals that begin Bath and end Body Map, respectively.
The Ferryman - a highly theatrical and experimental piece
Stones Of October's Sobbing - another of their doom metal meets freeform jazz trips
Bizarre Flowers/A Violent Mist - arguably the album's most potent excursion, slowly evolving from a dirge into a nightmarish midsection and a brief pyrotechnic funk (I'm not kididng!) exercise.

Hah, one surefire way to tick off MotW is to suggest they play jazz :).

Although, in my opinion, the non-linear qualities of death metal and jazz make them more familiar bedfellows than you would think...