Novembre + anathema

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
i've heard these to songs by novembre called "distances" and "winter 1941" and i really liked those two songs so could anyone tell me some other good songs by them and recommend me an album?

i've just started to listen to anathema and i hear that they used to be doom metal so can anyone tell some of their good doom metal songs and possibly their best doom album?

thanks alot

nikhil

I just recently got Novembre-Novembrine Waltz (because of this board) only one i have but i REALLY love it...check it out.

There is no going wrong with any Anathema album but if you want Doom Metal i agree with Demon spell

here's my comments on some album of theirs:

Novembre - Wish I could dream it again (94): some good song, but they're still quite immature in songwriting and Carmelo could not sing clean!
Arte Novecento (97): musically it's amazing, but it's quite a change of pace, since the metal parts are almost gone, but the dark feel is more present than before... I love this album, and since you can download it (and the first) on their site (www.novembre.nu) listen for yourself!
Classica (2000) and Novembrine Waltz (2001): absolute masterpieces! if you like Opeth I can't see why you wouldn't love these discs! the words are useless here...

Anathema: they have progressed with every album incredibly, my favorites are Alternative 4 (98) and the last one (A Fine Day To Exit). Up to The Silent Enigma (95) they also use growls, but from Eternity (97) they dropped them. Forget about sonic aggression here. A great band.

anyone seen the video for pressure from a fine day to exit yet? i just saw it playing on kerrang tv, i'm guessing they're releasing it as a single, it's pretty radio friendly, could do well in the charts...