Novembre influenced by opeth?

Do u think (by yourself, not someone's comment) that Novembre is influenced by Opeth?

• Yes, Novembre is influenced by Opeth

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • No, Novembre is not influenced by Opeth

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters
orchid was recorded 1 week before wish i could dream it again... i'd say plenty of time for orlando to write new songs and totally rip off opeth :D

Not adding to the discussion on who's better, that's up to you.

However, some info for you. I got in touch with the guys from Novembre at a pretty early stage, they were in a band called Catacomb. I also met ,in Stockholm, a Italian band called Trifixion. We got some interest from Italian fanzines pretty early on too. We did a interview/review (demo) for Stefano Longhis (now Scarlet records) and Robero Mamarella (Avantgarde records) Thanatography magazine in 1991. By that time we'd basically just started forging the sound that we nourished and developed up until the recording of "Orchid".

As far as I remember Novembre did record their debut after us at Unisound studios (Orchid was recorded in March 94) but as bands we've basically been around for the same amount of time. I don't know if Novembre likes Opeth anymore but I know that they used to be big fans of us, Katatonia and Edge of Sanity. They have certainly not ripped us off by no means and I personally like Novembre, we toured with them, and they're friends of mine.
Let's just say that we probably belong in a similar category.

Cheers
Mike

well that's good. I always wondered your thoughts on Novembre, Mikael.

I got a myspace add from Novembre a long time ago and Carmelo considered you guys (opeth) as their friends and their old touring partners. I'm certainly glad there never was any animosity between both bands.

However, some info for you. I got in touch with the guys from Novembre at a pretty early stage, they were in a band called Catacomb. I also met ,in Stockholm, a Italian band called Trifixion. We got some interest from Italian fanzines pretty early on too. We did a interview/review (demo) for Stefano Longhis (now Scarlet records) and Robero Mamarella (Avantgarde records) Thanatography magazine in 1991. By that time we'd basically just started forging the sound that we nourished and developed up until the recording of "Orchid".

As far as I remember Novembre did record their debut after us at Unisound studios (Orchid was recorded in March 94) but as bands we've basically been around for the same amount of time. I don't know if Novembre likes Opeth anymore but I know that they used to be big fans of us, Katatonia and Edge of Sanity. They have certainly not ripped us off by no means and I personally like Novembre, we toured with them, and they're friends of mine.

Cheers
Mike

Hey Mike! Ok, that's saddles things then? :)

I don't know if Novembre still likes Opeth either, but they thank you in their
album booklets! Just bought the new release of their debut (Dreams d'azur) and
Materia and Opeth are mentioned in both under "The thank yous"!

Btw Mike, Novembre are sure good but after listening to their newest
album again I can say that it's miles away from yous guys GR!

Novembre has a subtle greatness that you can hear through some mess
sometimes. It's not always that good. Opeth are more reliable and
throughout the albums better!

ALL HAIL OPETH! :worship:

AnTz0r said:
This was directed at you AffinityBand :)

-On Bleak where the vocals first kick in and the intro riff.
-4:30 on wreath
-first quiet bit on deliverance.
-1st riff of the drapery falls.
-second riff of blackwater park, the rhythmic beat.
-8min 18 where he starts doing some slap
-3min 34 where he starts doing a lovely little bass line on BTPISIO
-4 min 6 on the leper affinity a blatant show of how he most definatley isnt following the guitar.
-8 min 1 again a very nice bass line not following the guitar.
- Still life as a whole, the bass isnt very high in the mix but if you listen to the powertabs its clear that he isnt mimicking the guitars.

In short, your not giving mendez credit simply because you arent listening properly. agreed that in Ghost reveries he clearly exelled himself. But rarely does he ever mimick what the guitar does.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:

Cheers
Mike

Hey Mike!

Thanks for chiming in and please invite Novembre next time opeth tours the U.S, they need that exposure!

Cheers

Alright, I just listened to it about 10 minutes ago. First of all, I was right when I said they probably sucked, because they do. Second of all, I don't hear a single bit of Opeth in the music whatsoever. Thanks for wasting my time. :mad: