Oh shit, I think I like Novembre equal to Opeth...

Which album is better? Classica or Novembrine Waltz?

• Classica (NW is still great!)

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Novembrine Waltz (Classica is still great!)

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • They are equal! Novembre just kicks ass!!!!

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Novembre? Nah, don't care for them at all....

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Charlie E., I agree with what you have said and feel much the same as you do about the emotion that Novembre creates with their music....sure, they don't have complex guitar work or solos along the lines of Opeth, but their simplistic tunes they create are nothing short of stunning and are completely memorable....and beautiful at times.....

Novembre is a very good band with a lot of potential. I'm sure that they are going to get much better with time. Opeth and Novembre are two different bands and each one should be appreciated for what they are individually. They should not be compared to one another. Personally, I prefer the complexity and technical ability of Opeth more but I still really like and appreciate listening to Novembre. They stir my emotions just as much as Opeth do. These bands are far better than most of the popular garbage that's out there these days!

I have Novembrine Waltz, i like it a LOT, but I dont think it quite beats Opeth, I'll defanatlely get Classica. I like when they sing in Italian a little bit :) As for "Cloudbusting," I think it's a good cover, the original version is crap. I think "Cloudbusting" is like...the 4th best song on the album.

ill say it again...the guy learns how to sing properly, and you have a band that may contend at opeths level. His growls are awesome though. I JUST WISH I UDERSTOOD WHAT THE HELL HE SINGS! :lol:

I don't see how. When you look back on Opeth's music, you find layers and you end up appreciating things you haven't noticed before... I mean I'm still discovering Orchid. I got bored with Novembre on the first listen... all opinion I guess.

Originally posted by Charlie E.
I'm also impressed how they can play a riff over and over again, and still have me listening attentively. Their variations are very impressive.
This is possibly one of their biggest strengths. Novembre and Opeth are very different bands. One likes to make big steps, the other likes to take small steps and explore the space they create. Both forms of music have their uses, i prefer something like Maudlin of the Well who are somewhere in between these two things (making reference only to what ive just said).

Opeth suits me better than Novembre though (which can quite bore me).

Originally posted by IcemanJ256
I have Novembrine Waltz, i like it a LOT, but I dont think it quite beats Opeth, I'll defanatlely get Classica. I like when they sing in Italian a little bit :) As for "Cloudbusting," I think it's a good cover, the original version is crap. I think "Cloudbusting" is like...the 4th best song on the album.

Maybe it will be a little bit disappointing for you when I tell you that on Classica there's only one short italian part... but you're right, the italian lyrics are an interesting feature.

Originally posted by Domson as TIOBS
Maybe it will be a little bit disappointing for you when I tell you that on Classica there's only one short italian part... but you're right, the italian lyrics are an interesting feature.

nah that's not dissapointing, there is only a very small amount on NW anyway, and I wasnt expecting it. a nice little suprise :)

I've liked them better than opeth for as long as I've known about them....

but I agree there's some things that could change about novembre

For instance the slurring of words by Carmelo. And also some development of dirty vocals.

There simply isnt a problem with Opeth. So I really can't pinpoint why I like Novembre more, but Novembrine Waltz slays all other albums imvho....