Novembre influenced by opeth?

Do u think (by yourself, not someone's comment) that Novembre is influenced by Opeth?

• Yes, Novembre is influenced by Opeth

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • No, Novembre is not influenced by Opeth

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters
Nostalgiaplatz said:
Making fun of a guy with diabetes(sp?) is fucking low. I am off, the poll results are worth what they're worth. I was actually expecting a bit more of a discrepancy, but it was enough to clarify. As for the guys who [think they] are so much better than [any of] Novembre [musicians] and who judge Novembre for like 1 or 2 songs from a random album, I'll say: Glad Novembre doesn't have you as fans, you would ruin their image much more than otherwise, as you do for Opeth (and surely countless others). I am, however, hopeful that when you reach puberty, you'll become better persons.

Cheers Nove\m/bre
I've heard ALL of Novembre's songs. They are not a genius band, simple as that. I am not an "Opeth fan", I am a music nerd that just happens to enjoy Opeth as well. What I am not, is a fat guy with diabetes. I would rather be a member of Dimmu Borgir than be a fat guy with diabetes. I would rather eat shit from the colon of Osama Bin Laden than be a fat guy with diabetes. I would rather watch the chronology of Cheers than be a fat guy with diabetes.

Thats gotta be someone from Novembre. I agree with Nos-what ever th hell it is. Takin the piss out of diabetes is pretty shitty. But Im not so much a fan of Novembre although they were pretty cool when i saw them play. They seem relaxed and like they enjoy life. I appreciate that.

AnTz0r said:
Name me parts on SL, BWP and Deliverance where he does make up his own parts (and short fills at the end of a part don't count). You'll find they are far less common than parts where he does his own thing.

This was directed at you AffinityBand :)

Let's just call Ten SiSi a prick and leave it at that. Since (Whoever this shallow person is) obviously doesn't care about anyone, it makes me want to check out Novembre.

I know, it doesn't make sense. But now I reeeeeeeeally want to hear Novembre.

I previously wrote that I didn't thought Novembre was influenced
by Opeth. This is wrong. They are indeed.

However I don't think they steal stuff except for the whisper
passages. Funny they sound like Opeth's "The Amen Corner",
you know: "Eerie circles upon the waters" :)

Novembre recorded whispered vocals on their debut album in 1994, this was recorded before Opeth recorded their first album.

Not only that but the same vocal style was used on their demos and release under the name of Catacomb in 1991-1993. Mikael Akerfeldt wasnt even the vocalist of Opeth until 1992 when other singer left and opeth was amateur band at that point, not known by anyone outside their local area.

So you are saying a tiny unknown band in Italy somehow got to hear about a tiny unknown band in sweden (before any of this internet shit) and thought wow we are going to steal that vocal style.

They come from the same generation of bands, they share the same influences....bathory etc. Its typical Opeth fan way of thinking that Opeth always did everything first. The whispered vocals come from gothic band influences anyway.

Its like saying Iron Maiden stole parts and were influenced by Judas Priest.

**Jester** said:
Novembre recorded whispered vocals on their debut album in 1994, this was recorded before Opeth recorded their first album.

Not only that but the same vocal style was used on their demos and release under the name of Catacomb in 1991-1993. Mikael Akerfeldt wasnt even the vocalist of Opeth until 1992 when other singer left and opeth was amateur band at that point, not known by anyone outside their local area.

So you are saying a tiny unknown band in Italy somehow got to hear about a tiny unknown band in sweden (before any of this internet shit) and thought wow we are going to steal that vocal style.

They come from the same generation of bands, they share the same influences....bathory etc. Its typical Opeth fan way of thinking that Opeth always did everything first. The whispered vocals come from gothic band influences anyway.

Wow, you were really trying to nail me there, weren't ya, punk?! :lol:

For your information I've never heard Novembre's debut. In fact I haven't
heard anything earlier than Arte novecento of 1995.

Since I'm a new fan of Novembre I can't even recall which song(s) of
Novembre, but it was the guitar picking style of those whisper passages that
struck me as kinda "Opetish".

However, I will admit that I was a bit hasty, in my statement, saying that
it was stealing. I ment that it sounded similar... Funny, since them both are
such unknown bands and far apart, geographically. But sure, like you said, it
was probably the style at the time... Or perhaps Opeth heard Novembre! :)
The Amen Corner was released 1997 :)

Anyhow, what I want to say now is that both bands are excellent imo!
Love em! Although I've been a Opeth fan for a longer time, and I'd never
heard something quite like em, I got a bit excited when I discovered
Novembre!

Capischi? :)

Ahh ace :) haha all good

Yeah I was Opeth obsessed when they brought out Morningrise I got it and absolutely loved it, but then I heard Novembre's arte novecento and then classica when they brought those out and was bowled over. I loved subsequent Opeth albums after morning rise, but Novembre releases just got better and better where as Opeth albums have got worse and worse in my opinion.

**Jester** said:
Ahh ace :) haha all good

Yeah I was Opeth obsessed when they brought out Morningrise I got it and absolutely loved it, but then I heard Novembre's arte novecento and then classica when they brought those out and was bowled over. I loved subsequent Opeth albums after morning rise, but Novembre releases just got better and better where as Opeth albums have got worse and worse in my opinion.

I think both Novembre and Opeth are getting BETTER by the album!
As we say in sweden: "Taste is like behinds..." (Different) :D

I have just one word for ya: Materia. What an album! so awesome
and unique although its from this year!!!

Actually I'm heading out buying a couple of Novembre albums now.

cya.

Nostalgiaplatz said:
Singing:
Mikael: Linear clean singing, harsh death growls (demoniacal at times)
Carmelo: Lots of harmonies, choruses, huming; Growling is more like "raging screams", a bit like some black metal bands
Carmelo’s vocal has some strange pop qualities and he produces a lot of nasal sounds, which I just can't bear :Smug:

Nostalgiaplatz said:
Singing:
Mikael: Linear clean singing, harsh death growls (demoniacal at times)
+ good clean vocals

Nostalgiaplatz said:
Carmelo: Lots of harmonies, choruses, huming; Growling is more like "raging screams", a bit like some black metal bands
+ weak clean vocals

opeth recorded orchid in march of 1994...if novembre recorded Wish I could dream it again after that, you're wrong jester!!!!

opeth and novembre started around the same time and the fact remains this:
Opeth are way better melodic writers...even if Novembre is more cohesive...opeth is a stronger band by fucking miles. fucking miles.