Max buffer

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
I got a DI box to hear me in Cube XL40 amp while tracking, and hear the TSE X50 on playback.

This said, is it 100% ok to max the buffer ? Is there any side effect like added latency in the written audio data ?

:lol:

Max the Buffer :tickled:

Maybe he's May Payne's cousin or something :lol:

More on topic, as long as you don't get audio drops/clicks you should be fine recording with the di box with a small buffer size (if i understood your question correctly that is)

MaxheadroomMpegMan.jpg

lool
No I mean, is it ok to set it to the max when you don't need real-time software monitoring or is the size of the chunks too big and if that affects something.

If you really need the maximum buffer size for plugins you should record in the highest possible samplerate for your project. As the buffer size remains the same amount of samples, the actual time it consumes becomes less significant with a bigger resolution, i.e. 88,2 kHz. But usually an amp sim shouldn't be that resource hogging, that you would need to work with maximum buffer size in your playback engine.

Besides having the playback monitoring with too much delay, you won't be able to play along and it will mess up your timing.

Low buffer while tracking. High when mixing. Always done it that way. Could this question also be related to protools low latency monitoring?