MAXON VOP-9 Vs. MAXON OD 808

No, they are different. The VOP-9 is closer to the 820 than the 808 is, but they are still different. The 820 runs at a higher voltage, and to my ears 'clips the signal better'.

Yes, I've had the luxury of trying out every pedal Maxon has to offer.

In the end I sold my 808 on here, and bought an OD820.

Pick whichever one you like the best. I own ton's of boost pedals and i like them all for different things. I know the two i use the most is my OD820 and my TS808. and i have a OD808 but that one does not get as much use as all the my other one's/

OD820, can't go wrong. That and the Ibby TS808 reissue are my personal favorites.... along with the SD-1 when it's called for....

Phil and I have like 8 different boosts, including the maxon 808, which him and I agree, we don't like as much as the above.

It's a LOT more subtle... the ibby TS808 sounds like what I'd expect the maxon808 to sound like.... and the 820 is just a different beast and is all gluey and euphonic and shite...

and the sd-1 is just pure brootz. sometimes. =D

OD820, can't go wrong. That and the Ibby TS808 reissue are my personal favorites.... along with the SD-1 when it's called for....

Phil and I have like 8 different boosts, including the maxon 808, which him and I agree, we don't like as much as the above.

It's a LOT more subtle... the ibby TS808 sounds like what I'd expect the maxon808 to sound like.... and the 820 is just a different beast and is all gluey and euphonic and shite...

and the sd-1 is just pure brootz. sometimes. =D

+1 agree with all of this :). and yeah the sd-1 can sometimes just be to much fizz. go with either a od820 or a ts808. or go to a guitar store and try out all the one's they have till you find one you like.

May i ask who is Jeff? :eek:

Sorry relatively new to the forum :Spin:

Thanks!!!

EDIT: are we talking about Jeff the master of ballclaps?

I haven't compared the vop9 I just got the other day to an 808 side-by-side, but I can say it ran the ts9 over completely...

But this is all really subjective...

Some are thinner here and fatter there... IMHO the combination of guitar + pedal + amp and whatever else will yield different results..

Anyways, I'm a happy buyer.

An online store called Tunnelvision Music has sweet deals on 'em for 199 and free shipping. Most other dealers sell 'em for $225.